Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > this is for the moderators..    

this is for the moderators..

ELMO.
Spain

this is for the moderators..

I can understand that you don�t like this worksheet but what I cannot understand is the reasons, because some of you have said that there is not any activity to do with this worksheet, and indeed, I wrote about a whole paragraph giving instructions of how to use it. So please, read first and then judge.
You can see the comments of the moderators in this page:
http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=199634&tipo=printables
With this one, my family coat of arms, it happens the same, I have suggested an activity to do it with the worksheet, you probably don�t like it , for me it is ok, but It is an ESL resource because what I had suggested was that the children have to divide the coat of arms in 4 squares, and draw something that is representative of one member of their family, and then they come to the front and explain to the rest of the class what and why they have drawn it, furthermore, with this we can talk a little bit of history, as this kind of coat of arms were used many years ago by warriors.
You can see the comments of the moderators in this page:
http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=185473&tipo=printables
 Finally, I don�t want to bore you, I had uploaded this chant related to food. Don�t you use chants in your english classes?? I think it is an ESL resource as well as songs, rhymes, and BINGO...etc, if you don�t like it just don�t downloaded it.

Well, I am sorry but I have to express this.

22 Apr 2009      

Zora
Canada

Sorry to hear that your stuff was deleted. Disapprove

I always check before making any judgement. Unfortunately I haven �t enough time in a day lately, to look at everything that goes up and double check it...Although to be truthful, the more stuff that I hear about these going ons, makes me try very hard to take more time out at the end of the day or when I have a few moments simply because I keep thinking "One day, it might happen to me!"... and I �d really love to have "fair" judges and not ones that jump on the bandwagon and vote "Not an ESL resource!" because others have said it...

22 Apr 2009     

ELMO.
Spain

I wrote the description on the downloading page not IN the worksheet in itself, but to be honest I have seen the description of it In the worksheet on very very few ocassions...I will take this into consideration but I think that is not the point. Thanks everybody for taking some of your time to reply. :)

22 Apr 2009     

alex1968
Greece

Hi Jandru19

I �ve been away for 4days, so I don �t remember the ws you mentioned.

Unfortunately, some moderators don �t take the time to read ws descriptions.

I wouldn follow Ladybird �s (Silke �s) advice.  Write the instructions of the 1st page of the ws, that way no one can accuse them of being non esl resources!

You can re-upload your ws.  If they are useful, the members will download themSmile

However, if they have 0 downloads after 1 month, they �ll automatically be removed.

Good Luck!
Alex

22 Apr 2009     

mendiv
United States

Don �t forget, if something has 0 downloads in a month, it gets removed.  It doesn �t matter how good it is.

22 Apr 2009     

ELMO.
Spain

yeah, I know that rule, mendiv but what I was "complaining" about that sheet in concrete is that people said there wasn�t any activity to do with it, and indeed there was because I wrote it on the downloaded page not IN the worksheet in itself. The other worksheet that has been removed were downloaded by some teachers.

22 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

The problem with putting the description on the first page is that it makes your worksheet look boring and stops people from being attracted to it. 

I do include my descriptions on my worksheet but not on the first page.  Moderators need to think and look before they report.

22 Apr 2009