Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > removal of 0 point wss..    

removal of 0 point wss..

source
Turkey

removal of 0 point wss..

I �m realy curious whether some of the moderators are teachers or not ? As I know teaching takes up your whole day and it is really difficult to find time to report the ws which are 0 points. I appreciate moderators dealing with stolen or not esl source ones however I �m a little bit shocked they spend their(some of them ) time to find the 0 points ones and report them... [by the way I �m a moderator too]...

I was shocked the message I got...

Your contribution has been removed
Dear user,
This is an automatic message to inform you that your contribution HOW MANY ANIMALS ARE THERE IN THE PICTURE ? :) has been removed by the moderators (users with more than 1000 points).
You can see the comments of the moderators in this page:
http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=199192&tipo=printables

Please take into account that if your contributions dont follow the rules of the website, your account could be cancelled.

DONT ANSWER THIS MESSAGE. IT IS AN AUTOMATIC MESSAGE

maybe victor had better change the automatic messages for 0 points ws as � �Please take into account that if your contributions dont follow the rules of the website, your account could be cancelled � � this sentence is disturbing...

But thanks for other comments..

Comments:

0 downloads since 18-mar-2009

Another cute exercise with 0 points. I would suggest fixing the sheet up a bit and then re-uploading it... Zora

give it more time! Do not delete.

Yes, it should be removed. If it wasn�t attractive enough to be downloaded when it was free, why anyone would spend a point later.

HIS IS AN ESL RESOURCE. We do not need to concern ourselves with 0 downloads. This IS an ESL resource. We are not here to judge the quality or who finds it useful or not. Victor has started to automatically delete worksheets that are over a month old with 0 downloads. So I think the 0 downloads matter should be left to him and the computer programme. ***Every one starts off somewhere and learns along the way. We have no authority nor right to judge what YOU perceive to be quality here. You are here to see if worksheets are copied/stolen and are ELS resources ONLY. Please dont forget that. Cheezels

p.s : I still do not think my ws deserves 0 points but it was not downloaded so it deserves removal but before this I can be alerted and I can change or make it more useful....

thanks....

23 Apr 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

oh poo.... I have just seen that I wrote HIS instead of THIS.... I am sorry that it was deleted. You can see very clearly where I stand on that issue from my comment. ....sigh...... I just wish some members on here would THINK before they hit the report button. 

23 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

DEAR SOURCE,
Good morning...

To tell you the truth I don �t know which worksheet are you reffering to, but the best thing to do is just to create it again and make it more interesting so as to gain more points this time!
hugs...

23 Apr 2009     

Cassy
Brazil

I couldn�t agree more with you 2 guys......
If I were you, Source , I�d try to improve the same ws and upload again.
Some of my printables were deleted too..... I got really upset but then I realized I could improve them and that�s what I am doing ;)
Don�t worry about some moderators....
Some of them are really interested in deleting ws.

Have a nice day.....
Cassy

23 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

I agree with Cheezels... also my comment was just a suggestion since it is a shame to see nice work deleted. It had nothing to do with quality since I think that worksheet is good enough as is actually BUT because many here think the "packaging" is what counts, I suggested that...

Also, I really think it �s extremely rude to leave messages like "Yes, it should be removed. If it wasn�t attractive enough to be downloaded when it was free, why anyone would spend a point later. " 

Who appointed this person judge and jury??  It �s a perfectly good worksheet. I would have downloaded it but I honestly don´t need it at the moment.

Also, I noticed that people tend not to leave their names when they do stuff like this. Which is even worse in my opinion... It is easy to criticize when we are anonymous - betcha this person is afraid others might look at THEIR work and find it lacking!!

23 Apr 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Hi!

Yesterday I posted asking people �s opinion about this issue, as I think it isn �t fair to remove these WSS, only a couple of members answered... I �m sorry your WSS were deleted.

I �ve just read in Source �s post:

"Yes, it should be removed. If it wasn�t attractive enough to be downloaded when it was free, why anyone would spend a point later."

This is cruel, some members take themselves too seriously. We are not here to judge quality. Something you don �t like can be attractive and useful to someone else...

Olga

23 Apr 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

I agree with you, eng789. There are plenty of users who only registered but never did anything so why keep them here taking space?

HUGE HUGS TO ALL!!!!!!!

23 Apr 2009     

Snow- white
Macedonia

I did that yesterday and I was amazed of the number of 0 contributions.I agree with you !Thumbs UpClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapeng789

23 Apr 2009     

arkel
Ireland

Wow, eng789! I �ve just done it for Ireland. There are 101 pages and only 5 with points. 3 more with one point and from 8 to 101, 0 POINTS. This has been a wake up call.

23 Apr 2009     

arkel
Ireland

Spain has more than 800 pages with 3,2,1 and 0 points!!

23 Apr 2009     

freddie
Canada

Hi eng789

I just did what you suggested for Turkey (where I am) and there are thousands of accounts with zero points. Certainly the site would lighten up if those accounts were deleted, wouldn �t they? Would Victor lose something by reducing his membership so much in one fell swoop? I have no idea how websites really work but perhaps he gets advertising based on the number of members?

Ferda

23 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >