Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Bingo !    

Bingo !

Aiyana
United States

Bingo !

Hi !

Can someone tell me how to teach number names using Bingo cards (5x5) !

Please explain the rules if possible !

Thanks !

23 Apr 2009      

sldiaz
Panama

Hi Aiyana:

It depends on what numbers u are going to teach.  Let�s imagine it�s from 1 to 100. 

The teacher provides the list of numbers.

Before playing, the students must write the numbers in the Bingo sqares (5 X 5). (remember the center square is sometimes called FREE)

The students must write the number names in different squares so that the cards are all different.

The number names on the list can then be called.

Either the Teacher or a student can call out the numbers.

The games should be played a number of times, until the students have mastered all the words.

Students can use colored markers, or small objects such as stones or beans to mark the matching numbers.

The goal is to get a straight vertical, horizontal or straight diagonal line from corner to corner.

The center FREE box can be counted as part of a row.

hope its useful for u, greetings from Panama :)))

24 Apr 2009     

deon
Korea, South

I tried to have the students write their own bingo cards but I am still a newbie and gave up.

I just made a 5x5 grid on each card [okay, I had my boyfriend do that part ;P ] Using 5 colors I just started randomly writing the numbers in different places on each card. So instead of B5 I would call out Blue 5 or Green 57.
The kids loved being the ones who pulled out the next color/number
After about 3 or 4 BINGOS - I would have the winners come up and say the color and number aloud in front of the class.

My 5th and 6th graders loved it. I gave stickers as prizes. Then i would have everyone switch cards with someone.

Oh, as I wrote the colored number on each card, I would also write it on a small square that I used for the "balls". I didnt do �free � either. My goal was to show them nothing in life is free [*just joking* - i forgot it on the first few and well, I had to make 50 *shrugs*]
Good luck. If you have a small class it should be easy. It took us maybe 2 hours or so.
cheers
~deon

24 Apr 2009