Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > a list of books    

a list of books

mega_octagon
Brazil

a list of books

There is a list of books I need to read but they are kind of expensive to buy. Does anybody know if I can download any of them?

LINGUISTICS:

- The Oxford Companion to the English Language - McArthur - Oxford University Press 1992
- An Introduction to Language - Victoria Fromkin and Robert Rodman - Harcourt Brace 1993
- English as a Global Language - David Crystal - Cambridge University Press 1997
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language - David Crystal - Cambridge University Press 1997
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language - David Crystal - Cambridge University Press 1999

METHODOLOGY:

- Principles of Language Learning and Teaching - H. Douglas Brown - Prentice Hall Regents 1994
- Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching - Jack C. Richards and Theodore S. Rodgers - Cambridge University Press 2001
- Principles and Practice in Second Language Acquisition - Stephen D. Krashen - Prentice-Hall International 1987
- Second Language Acquisition and Second Language Learning - Stephen D. Krashen - Prentice-Hall International 1988

26 Apr 2009      

Jayho
Australia

I referred to many of those book when I did my TESOL post grad - I think it unlikely that any would be downloadable and I would not recommend you buy any unless you have $$$ to spare. (You might however, be able to buy them cheaply from e-bay.  I have nabbed some bargains that way)

It is best if you can you borrow them from a library - your institution should have some sort of system where where you can loan them from them or a reciprocal institution closer to you.  (One of those books is actually available in the reference section of my community library which I found quite surprising - I used it often)

These are all prominent authors and you will find a lot of information about them on the web - just google their name and key words.  If you have access to electronic journals you�ll also find heaps of information.

26 Apr 2009     

Pacchy
Argentina

Try this useful links:

26 Apr 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

try this... Is an excellent site!

26 Apr 2009     

gicela
Argentina

If you are lucky you can download them here:  www.englishtips.org

26 Apr 2009     

soha
Lebanon

Hi everybody :) hope you are enjoying the weekend.
bye
soha

26 Apr 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Teacher Khalid has posted some links 2day - just search for his name under Search forum posts

27 Apr 2009