Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Meeting Students ´ needs    

Meeting Students ´ needs

soha
Lebanon

Meeting Students ´ needs

I am facing a challenge in my school i am teaching at. The coordinator is so strict in following a rigid English book just because it is imposed by the government. she doesn ´t care about how far the book is meeting the students ´ needs and whether it is up to the students ´ levels.

Thus, i am planning to move to another public school where i can be selective in designing the syllabus that would meet the students ´ interests and levels.

What do you say, dear friends?

26 Apr 2009      

class centre
Belarus

I can only congratulate you SOHA! It ´s terrible to be made to teach according to the rules which do not take into account the students ´ needs and interests. It makes the work just  useless.
Learning is a very individual process. We have to follow the sts ´ reactions and understand his or her limits in understanding things. So, if you can be more selective in your new school, your work will bring you more satisfaction and use for the sts. Good luck!
natasha ( a very free teacher)

26 Apr 2009     

soha
Lebanon

thank you natasha for your comment.
i am envisioning my teaching experience next year and i am eager to examine and evaluate what i am planning to do.
wish we exchange our views and teaching experiences since we both share the same free spirit :)
take care
bye

27 Apr 2009