Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > What happened?    

What happened?

Katia del Pilar
Peru

What happened?

I just want to make it clear...

I sent a worksheet like a year ago about sports. It was probably not a cool one, but it was mine! Cry  (even though I just had 2 or 3 points for it)

Today I received this message in my private mailbox.

Moderator �s comments
This contribution has been removed from eslprintables.com because more than 50% of the moderators confirmed that it didn �t follow the rules of the website.

These are the comments that the moderators wrote:

Comments:
1.- NOT AN ESL RESOURCE
2.- ws description says: "your students love writing and talking about themselves.  
Why not to write about their favourite sport?" I dont think it should be removed.
3.- If you dont like it, you dont have to download it. (alex1968)
4.- it looks like an esl resource to me ... it should stay
5.- Definitely a writing activity! Dont remove! Zora
6.- A writing activity! Do not remove

So, I don�t understand what happened...  Isn�t the 50% of 6, 3?????
Can anybody tell me, please?

Regards,

Katia

28 Apr 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Katia, could you please send the link to see the worksheet?

28 Apr 2009     

VeraM
Portugal

Apparently, not all the voters leave a comment.

28 Apr 2009     

Katia del Pilar
Peru

http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=76130&tipo=printables

28 Apr 2009     

valfairyrose
Uruguay

Katia,
and what about writing the description as instructions, just the same you wrote when you uploaded but now in the paper.
Sometimes they just want that. A few words that explain or can be used as a guide.
What about improving and uploading it again?

Val

28 Apr 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I agree with Val

28 Apr 2009     

Katia del Pilar
Peru

Yeah! I understand the idea.

As I said to you, I�m conscious it�s not a good one, but I mean : how do we vote?

28 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Katia! I can understand how you feel. Moderators must read the descriptions because some older worksheets don �t have instructions, but the fact is, as we can see, that many don �t read them.

When we vote, we don �t have to leave a comment if we do not want to. Hence the discrepancy between the number of voters you could count and the number of those who really voted.

If I were you, I would improve my worksheet and upload it again. And I would write the instructions to the activity and, may be, even some points to guide their writing. Please don �t feel sad. I know it �s not because of the points, but because of people �s attitude - the "lightness" with which they press a button to remove somebody �s work just because they failed to read the description. Disapprove 

A huge hug for you,
mena

28 Apr 2009     

valfairyrose
Uruguay

I don �t know that part, i don �t have 1000 points (maybe in a few weeks).
I don �t know how this things function. But i can say that i trus you moderators (at least some i know).
Katia, it �s easy. And look the possitive side... it is good to improve some old wss, don �t you think?
So... here is your opportunity to enhance some.
(I don �t have old worksheet to improve... so... but i �ll)
jaja

Kiss
Val

28 Apr 2009     

Katia del Pilar
Peru

Thanks to you all!!!! Wink

My question was about the voters.... Now  I know how it works.

I�ve also been asked to vote, but to be honest, I haven�t had the enough time to do it.

I know this is a great website, and I feel proud of being part of it.

Regards from Peru,

Katia.

28 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

Hey Katia... unfortunately those who vote aren �t required to leave a comment and what you see there is a small fraction of people who voted. There could have been twenty or more votes but you only see the ones who leave a comment.

Smile

28 Apr 2009     

1    2    Next >