Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I am soooooo upset.    

I am soooooo upset.

susiebelle
United States

I am soooooo upset.

I was going through the reported contributions and I found my 2 of my worksheets reported as �stolen �

I have always made my work here using the program Publisher and I always turn my projects into jpeg graphics  so that I can paste them into a WORD.DOC file. I spend hours making some of my worksheets and I am so hurt to be falsely accused.   The Delburt cartoon graphic was a royalty-free graphic that I got using a resource recommended on this forum here. 

The rest of the work and artwork is all mine.  (AND ON EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER CLAIMED AS MINE)   I created it and I stand by it.  The people who so flippantly accused me of plagairism should be ashamed of themselves.  I have always respectfully adhered to the rules on this website and even went as far as deleting 10 flashcards (My numbers chanting cards) and losing all the points tha I had gottem from them (over 120). 

So please whoever is making these false accusations: Please do alittle homework and KNOW what and who you are accusing of as being "stolen".

To all the other members that said kind things about my work, thanks so much.  You truly inspire me. 

Susiebelle

29 Apr 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi susie,

I was hoping that you wouldn �t log onto the moderators page today.  I think from the lists of comments that you see - people will not be eliminating your work.  The moderators are hard at work ensuring fairness reigns on reported printables. 

Please do not take it to heart that people report falsely. Your work is so amazing that it does look like it is taken straight from a published bookThumbs Up.

We know differently of course - but many people just can �t believe that contributors to a free site put so much time and effort into their work.

I hope you can flip this upside down and see the huge compliment that has been paid to you.

Remember:  It is our believes about what happens that effects us.  If we change our beliefs then we can change how we feel.

EVENT + BELIEF = OUTCOME

I know it is hard to see past the insult to integrity sometimes - but wow - you so should go into publishing!

29 Apr 2009     

grzincic
Serbia

I wonder how anyone dares to report a worksheet as stolen without providing the exact source that it �s stolen from. People shouldn �t rely on their impression, but on facts.  

29 Apr 2009     

Zora
Canada

You �d be surprised how petty and lazy people can be. I suspect Susie �s stuff was reported because she speaks out and signs her comments when she moderates. In fact, a LOT of the moderators who speak out have had something of theirs reported - like Mena, Ladybird, Anna to name just a few.... (and I suspect that I shall be next one day...)

I really think people �s names should appear when they report something. It would keep people honest and maybe a lot of them would think before hitting that button!

Linda

29 Apr 2009     

cathrine
Spain

I hadn �t realised reporting a worksheet was anonymous. I agree, people reporting a worksheet should sign their comment. Can their web page identity be automatic, as it is in the comments bit? Then they can be contacted if need be. This would also reduce the abuse.
Cathrine

29 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Susiebelle, I am really sorry your useful work was unfairly reported. I know how you feel because the same thing already happened to me.  Like Vickiii, I was not going through the reported sheets right now because I am terribly busy and my private students are just arriving - but I could not let this pass. Your contributions are very valuable and you are an asset to this site. Please don �t let unjust remarks spoil your day.

Hugs,

Anna

29 Apr 2009