Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > SADNESS    

SADNESS

crijus13
Spain

SADNESS

Good morning!
I �ve just seen tht some of my contributions have been deleted due to "no English involved".
I feel sad not because of the deleting of files, I feel sad because I �ve realized that teachers like me , who teach to nearly babies (3-5 years) do not seem to have a place in this website.
Young learners cannot write or read you know?
Thanks however.

30 Apr 2009      

yetigumboots
Germany

Hey, Don �t be sad!!! I know how you feel. I also teach kindergarten kids so I know how difficult it is. You have already uploaded some lovely worksheets for older kids so keep doing that! You could always upload games or activities for small kids. I would download them for sure as I am always looking for new ideas.
You DO have a place on this site just like everyone else. If you ever want to swap ideas then give me a quick PM.
Take care and have a nice day. Greetings and hugs from damp and drizzly Germany. Yeti xx

30 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I have not seen the worksheets that you are talking about but I can offer you some tips.

Always make sure you write a good description for your worksheet in the description section that emphasises how your worksheet is used for developing an english skill.
Explain clearly what it is for so that  the teachers who have not had younger learners do not dismiss it.
If possible add an extra page on with the suggested use and learning objectives of the activity. (ie a copy and paste of your description)

Good luck with your future worksheets. You most certainly do have a place in this website! you just need to make sure that the above are done so there can be no misunderstanding.

Big smile

30 Apr 2009     

evl422
United Kingdom

Just because they can �t read yet doesn �t mean you can �t put a letter (or word for the older ones) next to the picture(s). Just the other day I was reading a bit about how children �s ideas of reading form from a very young age - even the moment they put a book into their mouth! Exposure to letters and words can give children a head start (even if you �re the one doing the reading), so don �t get disheartened - try putting some English on your young learner worksheets and it should benefit your students too.

p.s. I �ve taught ESL students around the age of 5 and they should be ok to start recognising letters and sounds by this age.

30 Apr 2009     

valfairyrose
Uruguay

I agree with evl422  "I �ve taught ESL students around the age of 5 and they should be ok to start recognising letters and sounds by this age."

I know what you mean Crijus, i �m teaching kids with 4 and 5 too. I knot that it is difficult, but I write big letters because they can visualize words, they can �t read but they will remember that word spelling eventually.

Remember they are a sponge, and everything they are seeing or watching is knowledge.

Try a few words in a big size with colors.
Good luck!

Val

30 Apr 2009