Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > NEW TO ESL PRINTABLES    

NEW TO ESL PRINTABLES

canonar
Spain

NEW TO ESL PRINTABLES

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for all the hardwork that you �ve all made available. 

I �m looking forward to posting some of my own contributions, but the reality is that most of the extra material I have is taken from the internet... other authors and sites similar to this one.  Mainly because it saves time and there �s very little encouragement to create my own materials from scratch.  We teach according to a pretty strict curriculum and we all have to do the same (more or less) because we all use the same end of term exams.

However, I am a bit of a wizz with Powerpoint and Word (the rabbits thing I posted already was a quick and dirty draft that does NOT do justice to what I can do) and I would LOVE to be given some suggestions for things to put together. 

What kind of things are people looking for?  Is there something you �ve wanted and not been able to find? 

In the meantime I �m going to look through my resource bank and see what I can spruce up and post.  Especially the Powerpoints... I also have a copy of Macromedia Authorware which can create online quizzes (M/C, Drag and Drop, Matching, Gap fill etc), didatic materials and complete units.

Any suggestions, drop me a note.

All the best

Daniel

30 Apr 2009      

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

WELCOME!

What ages do you work with? I work with high school students who also have to take standardized tests; however, I �m a dinosaur when it comes to computers. I am learning so much trying to make printables for this site, though.

Do you have material for poetry? Anything that high school students can use would help me. The teachers who have younger students are going to love you! LOL

Carla

30 Apr 2009     

Miss Del
Argentina

GOOD MORNING DANIEL !

Welcome to the site
I hope you will find it useful and some fun things to do.
Enjoy !!!

30 Apr 2009     

Minie
France

A warm welcome to you Daniel !!

This site is indeed amazing and you �ll quickly find your way through it !!!

Good luck !

30 Apr 2009     

nkappa
Greece

Welcome to our wonderful site!!!

You can make anything it comes to mind according to the rules of the site!

Everything created by you can be a real treasure for all of us!

Don �t worry if the work you upload is useful or not! We are so many people in here that you never know!

Nevertheless, maybe we don �t need sth now but it may be useful to us in the future!

So let your creativity grow!!!

Welcome and enjoy!!!!!

30 Apr 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

Hi Daniel! 

Welcome.  I �ve only been here for about 3 weeks but it is an amazing site!! I �m addicted.

Like you we have set books to get through but my students love short games we can play for 10-15 minutes at the end of class or when we finish the material early.  What  I like best is games with cards where they have to speak to each other to find out information, provide vocab, guess things, ask questions etc

Anything like that would be great.

BTW I loved the bunny suicides I �m going to do it with my students soon.  Thanks for that.
Wink

30 Apr 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

Welcome to this wonderful site.i �m sure you �ll be uploading great worksheets soon.!!!!!!!

30 Apr 2009     

canonar
Spain

Hi Carla,

I �m teaching children from 17 to 70 ;D

Not got anything for poetry because I don �t get to do much of it, except song lyrics.  The easiest activities with songs are gap fill exercises.

The same applies to poetry - using gap fill to get the students to anticipate rhymes - limmericks are good for that with more advanced students.  However, you can also use poetry to help students learn the rhythm of english by removing words not at the end of lines but in the middle where there is no rhyme... they need to choose the word according to the number of syllables.

You �ve given me a good idea for a worksheet... now all I need is a poem ;D

If you �re in the states, then I would use popular rap songs, where rhyme and rhythm are equally important.  EMINEM has some interesting lyrics ;D

Nursery rhymes are obviously more appropriate for younger learners.

Do most people have adults or kids here?

30 Apr 2009