Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Tips for a first meeting with kids     

Tips for a first meeting with kids

Aimee/S.
Israel

Tips for a first meeting with kids

Good morning dear friends,

I �m starting to work in a new school on Sunday (up to now I �ve been working in another school replacing a teacher gone on maternity leave).

I �ll be with these kids for two months only until the end of the school year. They are in 4th, 5th and 6th grades.

I �d like to read about your ideas for my first lesson/ meeting with them.

Love,

Aimee

1 May 2009      

eng789
Israel

My Canadian sister-in-law say that you when you start with a new group,  you shouldn �t smile till Hanukka.  But since Hannukka has passed -  just walk into class with confedence and get right into business.  If they start asking questions about you,  tell them that you will allow the last 10 minutes of the class for questions if they promise to let you teach the lesson you prepared for them. 

I �m sure they will love you.

Have fun and a great weekend.
Barbara

1 May 2009     

jecika
Serbia

Hi Aimee,Smile
I tried sending you a private message with some ideas twice ... I got the following message
No user was found with that username Confused
Jecika

1 May 2009