Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Eslprintables IS NOT a waste of time (reply to esljill)    

Eslprintables IS NOT a waste of time (reply to esljill)

atsitab
Portugal

Eslprintables IS NOT a waste of time (reply to esljill)

This thread disappeared from the forum, but I think it is important to make sure what we all think of this great site.

esljill wrote a while ago:

This site is absolutely ridiculous--after jumping through all the hoops, registering, downloading the toolbar, activating the account, THEN I FIND OUT THAT I HAVE TO HAVE POINTS TO DOWNLOAD A WORKSHEET! I still can �t print off the worksheet!!!!

I am furious that I wasted all this time and still didn �t get my dinosaur worksheet.  THIS SITE IS VERY DISHONEST AND I WILL BE WARNING ALL OF MY TEFL TEACHERS NOT TO USE THIS RIP-OFF SITE.

It has been great being able to download fantastic worksheets and powerpoints from great teachers, members of this community, but more important, for me, was the fact that I improved my work. I have learnt so much from the work SHARED in this site! My worksheets are better now and my powerpoints, too|

Another important thing, for me, was to find so many great teachers who are altruist and share their work, their techniques, their sources (among many I must that aftab has been so generous in sharing all his work by giving us links to other websites where you can download for free).

This is what teaching means to me and this is what I want to pass to my students! The world is full of selfish people who only think in their benefits (you seem to be one of those people!).

Please, if you don �t like, you don �t need to be rude or agressive. Nobody forced you to be here. You came because you wanted to. It´s better that you waste your time doing your worksheets by yourself!

But try not to show this side of your personality to your students. They need role models who pass them nice values and selfishness or agressivity and unpoliteness is not what they need.

2 May 2009      

natyhatt
Argentina

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ATSITAB. ESLPRINTABLES IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME. I ENJOY SHARING MY WORK AND IDEAS WITH OTHER TEACHERS. IF THIS PERSON CANNOT PRINT A WORKSHEET, THERE MUST BE A PROBLEM WITH HIS COMPUTER, NOT WITH THIS INCREDIBLE WEBSITE. DONT LET THIS DISCOURAGE YOU. UNLUCKILY, THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE THIS AND WE CANNOT CHANGE THEM.�
I OFTEN FEEL BAD WHEN I SEE NEW MEMBERS UPLOADING EMPTY FILES.. WHAT FOR?�

HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL OF YOU!�Thumbs Up

2 May 2009     

crnferreira
South Africa

Agreed! When I first joined ESL, I had no idea how wonderful the worksheets and powerpoints are, as well as the good advice you can get from other teachers.
And the quality of my own worksheets have improved immensly since joining ESL.

This site is the best! Clap

2 May 2009     

sunnyday962
China

Eslprintables IS NOT a waste of time !

it �s wonderful!

11 May 2009