Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHAT DOES YOUR NAME MEAN?    

WHAT DOES YOUR NAME MEAN?

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Thanks, Nebal for this link!

You �re great!

2 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Gz, i just checked the link and it said my number was SEVEN, which is true.
And the things mentioned there ... Ahhh, it just can �t be that all Ivona �s in the world are like that.
I�m one and only. Full stop! Period! Cool

2 May 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

HAHAHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, can you hear the witch �s laughter. I know who u are, Ivona coz I checked ur name. Your eyeglasses can �t hide u dear. Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!Evil SmileClap

No, I´m just a poor little butterfly!!!!Embarrassed

2 May 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

My name is

Victoria is a popular Girl �s name. It is of Latin origin, and its  English meaning is "victory" and Latin meaning is "winner, conqueror". Victoria name is the Feminine form of name, Victor. Victoria was the Roman goddess of victory, the equivalent of the Greek Nike.Queen Victoria is the famous holder of this name.

Common nicknames are Vica and Vicki. My friends and family call me Vica.
I know that my name is popular in English, Romanian and Spanish speaking countries.

Thank you for this interesting topic Svetlana
Hugs, Vica

2 May 2009     

Helen McK
Ireland

Thanks for raising this very interesting topic.

Actually, Svetlana or Sveta is my very favourite name.  I love how it sounds [both the long and the short form].  I know it �s a common name in your part of the world, but to me, it sounds really exotic....and I �m fascinated by all things Russian.

It �s much more interesting than plain old "Helen". LOLLOL

2 May 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

Great topic!!!

My real name s Romina, I don �t know the real meaning, but I will find out and post later. It was given to me by my father because of a singer he liked called Romina Power. My second name is Soledad, it means loneliness.

2 May 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Oh No, dear Helen! Your name is great! It �s my mother �s name by the way and I noticed that people named Helen (In Russian it sounds like ELENA OR LENA) are very determined people who always know what they want and are very reliable. My best friend is also has this name. So I like it very much too.

Hugs

2 May 2009     

carinocitalgonzalez
Mexico

HI EVERYBODY

MY NAME IS CARI�O, IT IS AN AN ADJECTIVE

IT MEANS LOVE, SWEE, HONEY, DEAR

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

2 May 2009     

agkk
Turkey

My name is Ayşe. This is Turkish spelling.

The English spelling of it is Aisha.

It �s Muslim female name. Aisha was the name of the youngest wife of the prophet Mohammed.

It means "life"

Have a nice day!

2 May 2009     

wilwarin32
Argentina

My name is Mar�a Luj�n after the Patron Virgin of my country, Argentina. Luj�n is from Spanish origin (aragon�s, as far as i know), but I haven �t found its meaning yet. It �s the name of a river and a city here, where there �s a cathedral. The story goes, that when an image of Virgin Mary was sent to Argentina, the coach in which it was taken stopped and it wouldn �t move.  A chapel was built there, and then it became a parish -because of the miracles the Virgin made- and it �s now a cathedral where pilgrims visit the Holy Virgin. A beautiful story, isn �t it?

Then, my nickname "Wilwarin" means butterfly in "Quenya" (the language of the Eldar -JRR Tolkien).

hugs!
Luj�n

2 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >