Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Not anonymous anymore!!!    

Not anonymous anymore!!!

Mishuna
Argentina

Not anonymous anymore!!!

I noticed that the rude comments are made by those persons who prefer to hide in anonymous...they aren�t brave enough to mention their names... "cuz I say so"...what kind of comment is that? I �m seek and tired of this system of moderators because there are some that are very responsible...like mena, just to mention one name...but there are others that report things just because they don �t like the work or because it has a picture taken from the net...
I think that some of you "moderators" are censoring instead of reporting stolen contributions...this has become in a mess...

So, as I don �t want to critise without suggesting...my suggestion is that the name of each person who make a comment should appear automatically...I hope this could be possible...

A few days ago, one person said that there were many users that were leaving the site...and all of you disagree...
Well, I haven �t uploaded anything since this problem started because I don �t feel comfortable enough to do it...
This horrible situation that we �re living here minimized my excitement...and I can say that some teachers feel like I feel...because we talk about it regularly...

3 May 2009      

demeter_mar
Uruguay

I have already written my own comment, if you want you can read it  a little under yours. I agree until some point. I really believe that people must be more polite, and that we can share this great site and be all friends without the need of this problems. Please people try to get cold and think a little about this. Fighting is not a solution. 

3 May 2009     

ESL
United States

I could not agree with you more Mishuna. I also feel very uncomfortable here. I used to recommend this site to all my fellow teachers, and they are witnessing what is going on here repeatedly, and have stopped sending worksheets, and have started their own website.

I know that I have suggested this same idea, but it seems like all of the suggestions have fallen on deaf ears.

3 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Mishuma,
I always write my name on my comments but I have to admit that it was a difficult decision. As soon as I started doing this, one of my contributions was unfairly reported - probably as a retaliation from someone whose ws had been removed.

3 May 2009     

don�t know how to CANCEL this account
Belgium

Disapprove I �m new in the site and I feel really confussed! Who are the moderators? and why are they so many and also rude to people?
Maybe there are too many people in the role of a boss and examiners..... or maybe some like being in this sort of powerful position? in the site!?
Very dissapointing! you are suppose to be educators!!!

3 May 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Marianrw,
Moderators are the members who have more than 1000 points. Most are dedicated teachers who are trying hard to make this a better site. Please don �t consider moderators as rude or bossy people because that is a misconception. Please see my comments under other posts to understand the real role of a moderator.
Don �t feel disapointed or confused with this great site. With everybody �s help soon we will not see so much disagreement here.

3 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

CUZ I SAY SO - was not put their by a moderator - it was placed there by whoever reported the worksheet - which could be anyone. If you notice most of the rude comments are at the top of the list - not the moderators but the reporter of stolen material.  Give them a break please!

3 May 2009