Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Moderators: assistants or enforcers?    

Moderators: assistants or enforcers?

PhilipR
Thailand

Moderators: assistants or enforcers?

I have been a members of this wonderful site for a few months now and downloaded (and uploaded) some very nice stuff.

Although I do agree that there need to be some rules, I can �t help but wonder if (some) moderators and members reporting and removing worksheets see themselves as cyberpolice and spend most of their free time checking the site for possible violations ("Make my day...").

Can �t we just all take a step back and take things with a grain of salt? Have we lost our sense of pespective? The Internet is riddled with illegal publications/music/video etc. It �s not as if a slightly adapted ws is going to bring financial ruin to anyone. Blatant copies should be removed of course.

By the way, this if how you spell censor/censure (different meaning) and thieves.

3 May 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Censor is a verb  Censure is a noun.

3 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I thought censure was a verb as well...

Censure is a procedure for publicly reprimanding a public official for inappropriate behavior. <wiki>

I thought this would make it a verb - no?

3 May 2009     

PhilipR
Thailand

Censor and censure can be both verbs and nouns.

to censor: to examine and expurgate
a censor: someone who censors
(also a noun: censorship)

to censure: to criticize severely
censure (n): an expression of strong disapproval or harsh criticism

3 May 2009