Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I feel insulted!    

I feel insulted!

zailda
Brazil

I feel insulted!

I �m here for a couple of months and I �m here to share and learn. I respect everyone here and follow the politeness rules, and since this is a site for teachers I expect that everyone do the same. But Mr. or Mrs. AbouSolaym from Marocco said nasty things here and felt him/herself in the right to call a teacher from my country "moderator from the Amazonian jungle". And said more, "you and the other monkeys, from Amazonian jungle or not" or something else.

I felt so insulted that lost my temper. If someone has a problem I think there are many ways to solve it and to bring it to the forum, without insulting people or nations. I �m proud of being Brazilian, and before mentioning anything from here, the person needs to know my country first.

Prejudice is crime in my country, and when
AbouSolaym called her "moderator from Amazonian jungle" he insulted not only her, but thousands of Brazilian teacher here. There �s no excuse for being that rude.

Mr.
AbouSolaym, how dare you talk about my country this way? What knowledge do you have about my country to talk this way? Having a problem with one ws is enough for being that rude? Are you a real TEACHER? You lack manners, sir. 

3 May 2009      

_babz
Canada

He �s obviously a moron, I wouldn �t worry about it. Wink

3 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I do, yesterday I deffended a person talking about Islam here. I don �t understand prejudice and don �t accept it. I worry when someone insults my country.

Thanks, anyway. I �m very nervous. This kind of things really get to me.

3 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

I hope that Victor realizes about all the rude stuff this Mr or Mrs has been typing all day long, he insulted me too.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=7719&page=1

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=7718&page=1

Victor: can you please do something about this member???

3 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

We all were insulted by this member. I have just read the nasty things s/he wrote about you, Julieta and I �m indignant.

VICTOR, PLEASE, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PERSON. "IT" DOESN �T BELONG HERE.

3 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Yep, she told me to take a shower and get my"disease" cured. Whatever.

3 May 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

Dear all, and particularly Zailda & Julieta
This abousolaym does not represent the warm Moroccan country I originate from. To me he is a pure provocator
As a Moroccan, I, in my turn, feel insulted as I feel ashamed when I see Morocco associated with this abousolaym.... My compatriotes do not behave that way�
I really do not understand why a few memebres can become so incredilbly �rude just because a worksheet has been removed
As Alien boy correctly pointed, nobody is dying here....
To conclude, whether we like it or not, we should seriously think of how to improve this "moderators" section of this site. Since it was introduced, the general atmosphere in the forum �has become sadder, if not worse, spoilt by unjustified agressivity

3 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

nobody is dying here....
The only thing killed is pride.

3 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

At this point, I think he should change his nick to Abuselaym.

3 May 2009