Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Schools kill creativity by Sir Ken Robinson    

Schools kill creativity by Sir Ken Robinson

CHARMED ONE
Mexico

Wonderful!! Thanks a lot Ivona for sending the link.

I �ll send the link to some of my colleagues. It is a MUST to see!!

Have a great day!!

Charmed One.

3 May 2009     

chorima
Spain

THANKS A LOT FOR SHARING THIS GREAT LECTURE!
Have a lovely morning/afternoon/evening

3 May 2009     

douglas
United States

Nice idea--BUT--

What do the other 98 out of 100 children do when they have grown up only learning to dance because "mama" (or any other significant person in their life) can see that "they are a dancer", but in reality they aren �t?

Don �t get me wrong, I LIKE what Sir Robinson has to say, but idealism and reality have to have a middle point that is "real".

3 May 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Smile
Thank you so much Ivona

3 May 2009     

anca13
Romania

Thanks a lot,dear Ivona.You are always so kind!Have a great week.

3 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hi Douglas. I am not so sure that Mr Robinson meant it in that way. I think that he meant that the small number of pupils who seem to be fidgity in class may have wonderful skills (other than acedemic) that could be observed by both teachers and parents in a responsible and mature way before "deciding" what may be best for the child. �After careful �observations maybe then the child �s interests could be channelled into something wonderful for them. �I would be very open to his ideas really and with a little effort I feel sure that a lot could be achieved for those students.

3 May 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

thank you...
soo inspiring...
I �ll try to dig out my creativity :-)

Sometimes I feel like 5-year-old wondering why the world look like this...
Maybe we all should try to change a little bit... and in the end we make a big change :-)

4 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Dear Moravc and others, here �s a quote from the last paragraph of my loooong paper on Shakespeare �s King Lear and E.Bond �s Lear and you �ll get my answer to what you just said there ...

"... However, Bond �s intention was not to tell us that there is no way out and that we are in for an unchangeable bleak and gloomy future. Both he and Shakespeare gave an example that change IS possible and should take place, not within the governments, but within our own beings, and that "even the most mechanised human being has only got his windows nailed up, or bricked in."[1] The choice is ours � to vegetate within the bricked space or make a timely breakthrough and not let the decadent government have the last laugh. The words ending Lars Von Trier �s film "Dancer in the Dark" encourage us to make the right choice:

They say it �s the last song

But they don �t know us, you see

It �s only the last song

If we let it be.

[1] D.H. Lawrence, �The Death of Pan�

4 May 2009     

Paree
India

Thanks a bunch!!!!

4 May 2009     

douglas
United States

Caroline, I agree with you.  I just wanted to introduce the potential negative side to the discussion.  If everybody gets super excited about the concept, then suddenly every child with attention, learning, or motivation problems is "a dancer".  The problem being that the concept becomes an excuse that parents can use to prevent having to take the blame for something that is their own fault. 

Edited 16 May (the word excuse was missing)

4 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >