Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > School trips    

School trips

Tanagotchi
France

School trips

Hey !
I �m teaching in Reunion Island (a French island in the Indian Ocean, next to Madagascar and Mauritius) and I �d like to organize a school trip to an English-speaking country ! That �s not quite easy from our little island though and my pupils are not that wealthy. Confused  Still, they are asking about trips to England or Australia and even the US, as they do some in Spanish and German classes ! But I have no idea how to organize such a BIIIIG stuff ! Wacko Could anybody help me ? Give me some advice, some addresses... If you �re interested in organizing an exchange (letters, mails or linguistic trip) to or with a wonderful paradise-like island, let me know as well... Wink By the way my students are from 11 to 16. Thanks a lot ! Big smile

3 May 2009      

regina. di
Brazil

There is a nice school located in the south of England, near Brighton, in a small town called Worthing. I �ve taken a course there myself and I �ve noticed that they receive lots of groups from different countries. In my homestay there were two Italian girls that had come with their school group for a week-course. Here �s the school �s information: UK Office: 12 Stoke Abbot Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1HE England, Tel: +44 1903 231330. And this is Liz �s e-mail address: [email protected]. She is in charge of arranging things. I �m sure your students are gonna love this town and school. It �s a small town, but lovely. And the people in school are great.

3 May 2009     

Tanagotchi
France

Thanks a lot for the information... I �ll check on that !

4 May 2009     

Dalya
Kuwait

hmmmm

the idea is to take the students to native speakers country ?

how about you bring the native speakers to them ?

it would be boring i know but you �re saying your pupils are not that wealthy

make a camp for example

a linguistic camp somewhere far in your country and bring native speakers, that would make a difference in case you couldn �t arrange a trip to England or Australia.

4 May 2009