Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Pictures - Avatars    

Pictures - Avatars

gilorit
Israel

Pictures - Avatars

Dear friends
I don�t want to comment on Hicham�s ws because I am sure he had good intentions.
What bothers me is not being able to see the people who send ws - those who do not want us to see who they are or even do not give their names - only a nickname.
I found really good creative people in this community and I feel I want to see them and know more about them - I think this site enables us to "meet" other people from different cultures and become friends.
Putting one�s picture insteadof any other avatar and writing your name seem important to me and it gives a feeling of a warm friendly community.
Orit :-)

14 Oct 2008      

frenchfrog
France

Hi, Orit!

So, I guess you count me as one of �those� since I use stupid pictures of frogs and chose a silly username!!!LOL
I know this is not what you think about me (well, I hope so!). These pictures and this silly username do not prevent me from having warm feelings towards all of you!! I did not choose the name Frenchfrog by accident, there is a story behind it (or rather different reasons combined all together)!

Frenchfrog

14 Oct 2008     

gilorit
Israel

Dear Frenchfrog :-)
I admire you and your work and I am sure that a person as creative and as sharing as you must be a nice person.
I also think the frog is cute and the idea of changing it from time to time shows it means something to you.
I just feel that it is great seeing the person behind the ws , and being able to relate to him/her by name makes it friendlier.
Don�t misunderstand me - I like you a lot (...and I know your name) and respect you and your work.
your friend (I hope)
Orit :-)

14 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Hello Orit, hello all,
please don�t take this personally, but I�d rather stay anonymous for personal reasons. As todays example showed, information can be and will be used. This example may have been innocent and well meaning, but there are over 80,000 registered users. What do I know about everybody and their intentions? Yesterdays stolen worksheet (which has luckily gone now) had over 140 downloads. Angry How do I know, that there isn�t some careless person who would download a worksheet with a picture with me and information about me and puplish it for whatever benefit somewhere else?

However - if I didn�t believe, that this wonderful site is full of great people Clap, I hadn�t registered at all, but I chose to stay a Mietz (cat) with all its implications.

14 Oct 2008     

danibauer
Brazil

There you go, Orit!
It was missing just my first name...
Regards,
Daniela
LOL

14 Oct 2008     

Maria Isabel
Peru

I don�t think people can do much if they take our picture from here, but just in case, I guess it is a good idea to change your picture or avatar from time to time...but I also agree with Orit when she says it is nice to know the person who we are exchanging worksheets with...since we don�t meet in person, at least we can have an idea what our new friends look like....I don�t know, it helps me think we are closer....
By the way, I decided to change my picture some time ago not because I wanted to protect myself, but because I wanted to show something that could represent my country, which I am very proud of.
Regards,
Maria Isabel

14 Oct 2008     

kaz76
United Kingdom

Maria,  that is a great idea for avatar pics:)))

14 Oct 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Yes, Orit! I count you as one of the many nice people I have met thanks to eslprintables! Well done for knowing my real name!WinkLOL
Frenchfrog

14 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

OK. I give in a little. I�m fine to change the picture from time to time. The new picture tells a bit more about my hair colour and outer appearance. Wink
Greetings to all the nice people here in this wonderful community!
Mietz

14 Oct 2008