Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > READING FOR ADULTS    

READING FOR ADULTS

nkappa
Greece

READING FOR ADULTS

Dear teachers Goodmorning!!!

I want your help-suggestions.

I have a student who is an adult (about 40). He started his English again just to revise and be familiar with the language... He has taken the First Certificate Exam many years ago and succeeded..

The problem is that he likes very much Readings (articles with Comprehension exercises etc.). He does it as a hobby so I don �t want to pressure him with a lot of Grammar and the usual things..
We use a very good book from Cambridge publications but sometimes he wants to have some extra Readings...
Have you got any suggestions? Where can I find articles and Readings in the Net?

Thank you very much for your time!!!!!
Have a nice day!

4 May 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com

Great site with the articles and everything you need!

4 May 2009     

nkappa
Greece

Excellent!!! I think is what I needed!!!

You �re great! Thanks!!!

4 May 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Hi,

The Penguin books also aren �t bad and sometimes have a CD with them.
I use those a lot and at the moment, my adults are enjoying The Number 1 Ladies � Detective Agency which has a CD with it.Smile

4 May 2009     

nkappa
Greece

Thank you dear ants!

4 May 2009     

douglas
United States

Reuters.com  provides up-to-date news reports in English.

4 May 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I like that site, Cheezels, thanks for sharing. Smile
Thanks Douglas for the reuters.com...if I have anyone doing the First Certificate...those will come in handy.

Have a nice day. Smile

4 May 2009     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Another one is from
http://www.onestopenglish.com/section.asp?sectionType=listsummary&catid=58223&docid=153866

There are monthly lessons for free unless you subscribe it and you get the weekly lessons.

4 May 2009     

johanne23232
Israel

I also like to use REading comprehension a great deal, and have found many wonderful texts and questions on this site, just do a search for them, you �ll be pleasantly surprised.

4 May 2009     

nkappa
Greece

Johane is this a site?

How is it named? great deal???

4 May 2009