Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can you help me?    

Can you help me?

paula_esl
Portugal

Can you help me?

Hi! I �ve been asked to upload the B&W version of my worksheets, but I simply don �t know how to do that. Can you help me?

4 May 2009      

Tere-arg
Argentina

Hi...

Go to "my printables"  and you will see:

Author options:
Update this printable
(Send a new document if you want to make corrections)
Edit printable information (title, description, level, contents...)

Delete this printable

Click on "update this printable"  and you will be able to upload  your worksheet again without losing any points.

4 May 2009     

paula_esl
Portugal

Hi! Thanks for your help, but the problem isn �t uploading. It �s turning the pictures into B&W.

4 May 2009     

flo84
France

For my part I change the color of the text and of each picture one by one. It takes time but I don �t know how to do it more quickly.

4 May 2009     

paula_esl
Portugal

Thanks Flo, it seems it is the only way. But I didn �t even know how to do it with the pictures. But the problem is solved now. Thank you very much!

4 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

Hi Paula

I �ve opened one of your worksheets which I �d saved on my PC. Well, it seems quite easy although it will take some time. I also read once before that there �s a program to do this but I don �t use it.

In your case I �d turn all my lines in black, dark grey or light grey. I suppose you know how to do it ( click on the line, then click right on the mouse, then choose the one but last option and change the colour). You do the same thing for the pictures. There you choose the fourth �file � (I really have to do something about these specific words. I don �t know them in English. I hope you can understand me and follow my explanation.) on the screen you get when you click right. There you can put your picture into greyscale. This can also be done when you use the toolbar (second button for the greyscale).

If you want some more help on this you can always PM me.

Maybe someone else knows a faster way??

Have a happy Monday!

Kristien

4 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

For the pictures we need to know what graphic editing software you have on your system.

If you use the Microsoft Office suite you will have either �Paint � or �Microsoft Office Picture Manager � available.

Can you post that detail in this thread? I can probably help you a little with a simple solution, particularly if you have �Microsoft Office Picture Manager � available. I just spent 2 minutes & changed a Garfield, in one of your new uploads, from colour to b&w. - it was very easy because the images you use are uncomplicated.

It will take me a little while to get back to you as I �m about to go out & when I get home it �ll be time for bed.

Cheers,
AB

4 May 2009     

paula_esl
Portugal

Thanks Kristien, you �re very kind. I �ve already managed to do it. The problem was that many people were feeling uneasy to ask me to send them the B&W versions of my worksheets by email. I could change everything except the pictures. Now I �ll be able to include the B&W versions when I upload a worksheet. Thank you very much for your help.

A great day to you!

Paula

4 May 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

You �re welcome.

Kristien

4 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

When I need a ws to be B&W I open the printer and go to settings, then colors, check the box "print B&W", using only Black ink. Then I scan as a single picture and open it in a new word document. Or you can scan as pdf and open in paint. If the pic gets too large I use infarview to reduce it.

Is there a faster way to do that?

4 May 2009     

paula_esl
Portugal

Thanks Zailda! I tried with pdf and then paint but it didn �t open. So I tried with photoshop and it worked. I didn �t even have to reduce it. It was much easier than changing each picture one at a time. Thanks a lot!

4 May 2009