Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help please!    

I need help please!

Jenna M
Portugal

I need help please!

Hello!

Portuguese teachers!! I need your help please!!Shocked

Na pr�xima 5� feira vou come�ar a dar forma��o a 1 turma de ingl�s comercial b�sico.

Mas n�o tenho material nenhum. Embarrassed

Se me pudessem enviar material, planifica��es e testes diagn�sticos, agradecia muuuuito.

Thanks in advance.Thumbs Up

Daniela

14 Oct 2008      

readingaol
Portugal

Hum, forma��o a adultos, mas n�o era espec�ficamente �rea comercial. Mas a turma j� teve ingl�s? Ou � inicia��o?  Se quiseres, envia-me um mail [email protected]

( I�ve taught adults, but not in that specific area)

14 Oct 2008     

Jenna M
Portugal

Acho que � inicia��o. Mas o problema � que n�o tenho material nenhum e amanha � 4� feira!!!Confused

Isto � de loucos!!!

14 Oct 2008     

Jenna M
Portugal

Sorry for writing in portuguese.Embarrassed

Can you help me?
I need material, lesson plan diagnostics test for business english for beginners students.

Thanks in advance.Thumbs Up

14 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Hi Venezuela,
could you be a bit more specific? What exactly do you need? What kind of course is it? What is the aim? Is the level of the student(s) mixed? Is there a course outline already - subjects to teach, like telephoning ect.? Are the beginners total beginners or rather false beginners? ...
I�ve got materials and lots of links. Maybe I can help you. Check the materials you can find here as well.

I found the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) a useful guideline for diagnostic tests independent from the subject. Google it. You can get a grid for English and Portuguese and other European languages.

P.S. Thanks for finally writing in English. It�s not funny to see a message asking for help and then not being able to understand it.

14 Oct 2008     

Jenna M
Portugal

Hello Mietz,
Yes, sorry for that. Confused

Well, I need material for teach "false beginners", The course is business english or commercial English, but this students are elementary level, their ages are between 16 and 18 years old i think. I don�t feel confident...
I teach children  in a primary school and this is very diferent for me...Embarrassed

For Friday I need a diagnostic test, but basic level. I need materials worksheets, lessons plans, tests etc...
I will check.

Thanks a lot for help me!Hug

15 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Hi,
I usually start with the Alphabet and spelling exercises, spelling e-mails etc. They need that in Business English for spelling addresses etc. Practise telephone numbers as well for starters. Then I go on to office equipment - articles, there is/ there are... (see worksheet).
To teach the Simple Present "Daily Routines" in an Office are good. There are plenty of worksheets about this on this site here.
I�ve used the book "Business Basics" by Oxford University Press sometimes. It�s quite good, but maybe too high.
If you want to leave your e-mail here, I might be able to mail you some stuff during the day (Wednesday...).

You�ll be fine! You�ve taught before. You are experienced. Just don�t treat them like Primary children. The rest will work out! Smile

15 Oct 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Check your mail
Hugs, you will do it.
B econfident

15 Oct 2008     

Jenna M
Portugal

Good morning!!Smile

Hi Mietz!

Thanks for the help!Thumbs Up

THANKS A LOT!!!

15 Oct 2008     

Jenna M
Portugal

Hi Olindalima,

N�o recebi nada! Podes enviar outra vez. Sorry.

Thanks!Clap

15 Oct 2008     

Jenna M
Portugal

THANKS TO ALL!!Clap

15 Oct 2008