Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > to think about    

to think about

pepapelaez
Chile

to think about

In my opinion... for kids better colour than black and white
but most important is CONTENT

i wonder why all worksheets are about MATCHING...............................................???????

cause those activities are not brain challenging or original enough

just my opinion

oops

14 Oct 2008      

LA LUNA
Mexico

Hi pepapelaez. You could help us by giving some ideas.. :) I would be glad to work on them. Anyway I do really love what I do and the way I do it. But please, share your ideas with us...thanks!!!

Greetings from Mexico...:)

Zoila :)

14 Oct 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Hi pepapelaez

I agree, colour is ideally the way to go for worksheets. However, a lot depends on the resources available where you teach. I teach at a small government junior high school - approximately 260 students. When I produce approximately 8 - 10 worksheets every week that means a lot of colour printing which is not cost effective as we have bubble jet printers, not laser colour printers.

I also agree that more stimulating work is required. The matching worksheets, however,  provide a way to expand the students� vocabulary and can be used as an adjunct to the rest of the lesson. A worksheet is a way to practice the lesson, not  be the entire lesson itself. Depending on the level of your students it is also sometimes important to have work all of the students can complete, not just the advanced ones. This helps to keep some of the strugglers a little more motivated.

Just a few thoughts, anyway.

I�d love to vounce around some of your worksheet ideas too!

Konichi wa from Japan!

15 Oct 2008     

alien boy
Japan

I actually meant �bounce� not �vounce�

Have a good day!

15 Oct 2008     

pepapelaez
Chile

Dear La Luna:
Since I teach young students and they need to practise writing a lot  (apart from the oral part) I use :
scrambled words
odd one out
filling the missing letters
circling or coloring the correct alternative and then writing the right word
grids
definitions plus guessing the words
drawing symbols for the words
texts with pictures so as to replace them for the words
finding out the word by looking at the shadows
short answers
labeling pictures by cutting and pasting the words (or the other way)
classifying words
true or false
secret codes
for example
I have a small baby that�s why i haven�t been able to concentrate on preparing much material but i promise I��ll do my best on vacations
Lunita ... maybe I sounded unfriendly but the truth is that i should have mentioned worksheets here are almost a piece of fine art...

greetings and a hug from chile

pepa

15 Oct 2008     

LA LUNA
Mexico

Thank you pepapelaez!!
Much better for me...:) I have many options now. I also have a baby and I deeply understand you...so don�t worry take your time, thanks for the ideas!!

15 Oct 2008