Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > is it right?     

is it right?

nkappa
Greece

We use the auxiliary verbs in the Affirmative form when we want to give emphasis. So I think it is wrong if we want to grammatically accurate. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with it.

5 May 2009     

bird1
Turkey

I know that there is nothing wrong with it gramatically but after all lessons and worksheets on Past tense, and after  I am sure that it is done unconsiously , still is it fair to mark it right? Then doesn �t it mean don �t pay attention to the structures that you have learnt in the lesson?

Thanks...

5 May 2009     

douglas
United States

I agree with kmtr on this one.  What the student wrote is grammatically correct, whether it follows the instructions depends on the instructions.  If in doubt I would give the student the point.

5 May 2009     

Jayho
Australia

If it �s grammatically correct but doesn �t follow your instructions give them half a point, otherwise mark it correct.  There is more than one way to answer a question and we should encourage initiative.

6 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2