Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Connecting students worldwide    

Connecting students worldwide

valpa
Argentina

Connecting students worldwide

Hi collegues! I �ve started a project to deal with personal information and at the end of it, I �d like to provide my students with the possibility to get in touch with students from other countries who are also learning the language. This will give them the chance of posting the material they are producing. It �s a class of 28 11-12 year-old students. Please if you are interested, let me know assap. Thanks!Big smile

6 May 2009      

maya_wee
Portugal

Hi, Valpa...
I thought of doing the same, so I �m interested. How are you planning the students to exchange information? Skype? Mail? Other suggestions? Another thing: which personnal information are you looking for? Basic information, such as answering questions like: where are you from, how old are you, what �s your nationality, how old are you, what do you look like, what �s your favourite ???
Thanks!
Maya

6 May 2009     

i_love_english
France

hi!
I �ve sent you a private message.
Steph

6 May 2009     

luadosolzinho
Brazil

Hey, Count me in. Five of my students are on a project of learning english online. The project is up to start. Basically, they �ll study english online for 1 or 2 months and report their experience. But meanwhile, I thought of putting them in contact with other students worldwild. I would like to know how you intend to proceed in your project. I �m interested.

Hugs,

Vanessa

6 May 2009     

Gisele-Santos
Brazil

I also intend to do this kind of project. So you can count on me!!!

Hugs!!!

Gisele

6 May 2009     

marianpayel
Argentina

Count me in, please!!! Thanks!

6 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

It is a wonderful idea as long as your students are more or less independent. I also started  exchanging emails with a brazilian teacher some time ago, but it never developed into something bigger because our students could not type properly, we had to proof read every email, the emails had to be all collected and then sent via our personal emails (because of the parents �-worry-about-the-net issue)
It would be great if you could just introduce your students to each other and then leave them to continue the correspondence on their own. But this way, it �s too time-consuming and we are all very busy with the regular school chores.
Just my POV.

6 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hello Valpa. �Yes it would be great if it would work but I tried a pen-pal exchange about two years ago, but like Ivona I ran into similar problems with some parents being very apprehensive etc. I did get some students to connect but it seemed to lose it �s initial novelty for most of them after a short while. Such a pity. �But at least two of my former pupils are still in contact with �new-found �foreign pals. So even for that, it might be worth a try.Smile�Nothing ventured nothing gained! I still think that it is a good idea.
Caroline.

6 May 2009     

ASA3000
Egypt

Hi Valpa ,

Please count me in ... But I think I �ll have to wait for my students until they finish their term exams and get back to me by the end of this month.

6 May 2009     

Sara26
Brazil

Hi Valpa,

Great idea!! You can count me in.  Smile Just wonder how are you planning to do that...

Have a nice day!

Sara

6 May 2009     

khaled69
Jordan

hiiiii

plz count me in

i like this idea

regards

khaled69

6 May 2009     

1    2    Next >