Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > How to make it a better place    

How to make it a better place

HARIM
Morocco

How to make it a better place

I feel ESL Printables has become the second home for everyone here.So let �s make it a better place.
I think we can achieve this goal when we are kind to each other, when we don �t judge or categorize the others, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet.We can achieve this goal when we accept other people �s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings;when we have patience with someone who has disappointed us;when we resist the impulse to become offended when someone doesn �t handle something the way we might have hoped.We can achieve this goal when we refuse to take advantage of another �s weakness and be willing to forgive someone who has hurt us.We can achieve this goal when we expect the best and accept the worst of each other;when we admit that forgiveness has won over tits-for-tats,grace over grief,love over hatered,and that this dream will soon come true.
Can you think of other remedies?
Have a nice day

7 May 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Some maxims for peace that would be good to think of before hitting that send button:

Settle Petal.

Breath in, breath out.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and keep going until you feel calm enough to delete the nasties.

Chill!

Reeeelaaax

tomorrow is another day

Let bygones be bygones

Why do birds suddenly appear....( I don �t know why - but whenever I sing this song I feel so much better)

and remember

"You can never get to peace and inner security without first acknowledging all of the good things in your life. If you �re forever wanting and longing for more without first appreciating things the way they are, you �ll stay in discord".

Taken from some random website.

7 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

The best remedy for peace is "Love thy neighbor as thyself." 

7 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Why do birds suddenly appear.... Because I am eating a sandwich. lol

7 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

YES! YES! YES! I came here not just for some ws, but for someone to talk to about teaching English and literature to high school students because I �m the only one in my school. The other ESOL teachers teach different subjects. Sometimes I worry about whether I �m doing a good job or not.

Carla

7 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Good morning dear Harim and Vickiii! I �m still sleepy because the coffee I �m drinking hasn �t started making an effect on me yet...  I

1)  I �ve returned to what I used to do before and stopped doing  because a few people ignored my messages: About 2 weeks ago I stopped reporting worksheets. Instead, I �ve been sending  the members private messages explaining why they were against the rules and giving some examples of what they could do to improve their work, which, in truth, is copied material from textbooks I have at home. Some have already updated their worksheets, others haven �t. Anyway, I �ll give them some more days before reporting.

2) I try to be professional in my comments (it doesn �t mean I succeed everytime, though I hope so) , meaning that the emphasis is always on constructive criticism on  the work itseelf and never on the person. I try to give a thorough explanation why I am voting for the removal of the worksheet and my arguments are always based on victor �s rules and not on what I think personally. (My opinions are left for the forum)

3) In addition, I always try to be coherent, no matter how hard it is for me. And sometime it really is! You have an affinity (sometimes it �s even more than that, it �s friendship) with the person whose worksheet has been reported and you have to vote for its removal because you simply cannot ignore that you have done so in other similar cases. When that happens, I always sent a private message to the person with a copy of my comment and an apology. For what? For having no other choice to do what I did. So far I cannot complain. Two of the people I voted for the removal following these steps are among the people I call friends in this site and they still are my frineds.

Wish you all a wonderful day full of peace and hope in our Wonderful World of ESl Printables.  Smile

mena

P.S. Good morning 2 U all. It took me so long to write my answer that your posts were not there when I started. Sorry.

7 May 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Thank you Harim for this nice topic
I completely agree with you .

We should all accept each other with our differences. we will not loose anything if we deal with each other politely . It is better to respect and advice each other.

One of the remedy is not important to write a bitter comments if u don´t like the topic or the way of ther writing.

7 May 2009     

MyFairy
Argentina

Dear Harim,
I have been reading many comments for some time and couldn �t find exactly what to write.
And my first thought was "I am not going to waste my time annoying other people".
But when I read yours this morning... I thought... YES! This is what I have been trying to say... I completely agree with you.
I think we all need to understand "life is like this..." We have to accept other people �s work as the rest accepts ours... I bet many people think my WS are not as great as theirs... and I can �t believe my eyes when I see so many GREAT productions on most of the worksheets...
The thing is ... we are all trying to do (and share) our best!
Let �s respect everybody �s work ... and time!
If the ws or pps are downloaded, they are being useful to somebody... so, what �s the point in complaining?
Thanks for sharing, reading and commenting!
Have a wonderful day!
Eugenia

7 May 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

I Dream of a Better World

I dream of a place where I can be understood,

such a place where finally,

I can be myself.

I dream of a place

where people need not be told anymore

what to do,

because they already know it,

because finally,

they�re already guided by their hearts.

I dream of a place

where people can be brothers,

where people can be friends,

where people can be people

and remain to be a people of the sun.

I dream of a place

where I can paint the world

and sing to it my songs;

where I can dance

when I�m filled with joy;

and where I can cry

when I can no longer hold back

my soul.

I dream of a place,

where we all can dream,

and make those dreams come true;

where clouds are as soft

as cotton candies,

and where stars are fireflies

that roam the night;

where wings can fly us

�round that magic sky.

Where we can all walk down life�s road

in one direction,

walking hand in hand,

and side by side.

I dream of a place

no further than a step,

of a world

no further than a kiss.

For this world is all we need to have

if we could just

forget,

forgive,

and believe.

This world is ESL World. It �s becoz of you Harim, Mena, Damielle, Pinar,Olinda,  Snow- white, Zora, Mar, Marie, Silke, Mariethe, Ivona, Sletvana, Aftab, Vickii, Michael  and all the wonderful  members here that this site is a better place to be.
Thanks for making it that special and great!!!!
Lots of love,
dreamer free butterfly

7 May 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Harim I agree with you totally and would just like to add one more little (but important) ingredient to your nice recipe. �That is to have respect for each other and for our feelings. That would be the "yeast".
Lots of love,
CarolineHug

7 May 2009