Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A Request for Politeness    

A Request for Politeness

Brentboy
Japan

A Request for Politeness

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading the posts over the last week and have been amazed at what has been going on. Its like a civil war!!! I remembered a time when one of my worksheets was deleted by victor for being similar to another one on bogglesworld. He was very polite and even though i disagreed, I fully understood why it was deleted.

However, I have read some of the recent forum posts and have noticed the comments are getting ruder and ruder. When you push someone into a corner they are only going to fight back. Even if someone has broken the rules, please be polite and try to think you are speaking to someone instead of just a computer message. Usually it is because they are new to the site and/ or havent built up a collection of materials yet. Sending rude messages will only make these people feel really bad, self concious and sometimes really angry.

Im sure no one here would dream of saying such things as your lazy, its a waste of space, we are not blind etc.... to people if they were speaking to them face to face.

Please keep this in mind and as a great man once once said: give peace a chance.......

12 May 2009      

blessed trinity
Turkey

thanks in advance for this meaningful message:) ur absolutely right and I �m sure that after this post, everybody will be much more careful about their comments :)

12 May 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

You �re right tomuuchida.But don �t worry ;things are changing now and the few moderators who used to be rude,in the standard meaning of the word, are learning more and more rules of good behaviour.
What is good about this site is that we are always learning.Not just learning how to teach,but also learning how to listen and accept the other,how to behave,how to forgive and forget and sometimes how to be silent when silence is gold.
Have a nice day.

12 May 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

it could not be explained better by any other words. perfect point of view. I �m in the same point, as well.
thanks for this meaningful message.

12 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Thank you for your wise words. Manonski brought up the issue once again last night, posting some of the rude comments we could read yesterday on the reported contributions section  http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=8160    so your post couldn �t have come in a better time! Thank you so much.

Wish you all a nice day.
mena

12 May 2009     

don�t know how to CANCEL this account
Belgium

Hello!
I just want to say something because I am new in the site and I can �t believe that after I posted a message yesterday saying that there were too many pics  using the whole of the message board, at the end I got really agressive replies from this memeber Alienboy. I just thought that there were questions, post from people, not only from me (although I used as an example my own post) that were hidden with so many pics. That was all!
And I had this person �Alienboy � replying to me since yesterday in a very agressive way! Sorry, but I �m not used to having these verbal violence on forums and I only commented on something and this person keeps on twisting my words and replying and replying and treating me like an idiot and  that I deserve idiotic responses! (his own words). 
Where is the respect!? I don �t understand why people are so violent even behind a keyboard!

12 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

At least let people read your own comments that YOU posted... rather than just a one-sided view... innocence is a wonderful thing.

But enough of my petulance...

I do agree EVERYBODY should be somewhat friendlier.

The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.

Benjamin Franklin

12 May 2009     

don�t know how to CANCEL this account
Belgium

Sorry, I just didn �t want to clog this new topic with the post and UR replies from yesterday! But I have nothing to hide! And I wasn �t rude at all either so there is nothing to hide!

12 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

"to mourn a mischief past and gone is the next way to draw new mischief on"

Shakespeare�s "Othello"

12 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

marian, Shakespeare should know! Let bygones be bygones and suppose you and alien boy have just met on the forum. You �ll both will gain from it, I �m sure.

Hug

12 May 2009     

feyzauygur
Turkey

I home everybody will understand what  you mean and will be kind to others,

12 May 2009