Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Why just 300 KB...    

Why just 300 KB...

oli9383
Canada

Why just 300 KB...

I have so many activities that I would like to share with you but they are too big to be uploaded on this website. Why don�t you change it, why don�t you upgrade and ameliorate it!!!

Thks

16 Oct 2008      

Kita19
Portugal

Hello oli!

Of course it would be a lot better to all of us if the files could be bigger! I�ve also had the same problem as you and unfortunately I continue to have it... but I think there must be a limit size or the site would crash... Disapprove There are so many worksheets uploaded each day...

What you can try to do is reducing the size of the pictures you use in your worksheets. Sometimes it helps...

Hugs.

16 Oct 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

I feel sure that the simple reason why we have a restriction on size is simply space.  Whilst the internet may seem to be limitless, renting space and keeping speed and bandwith are.  There are many ways to reduce the size of worksheets, which are usually big because of illustrations.  If you check out previous correspondence on this issue you will read a variety of ways including downloading minimiser programs etc.

I have produced a worksheet on reducing the size of pictures at http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=107849#thetop and so this may help a little.

If you still cannot reduce the size down to the limit, then split the worksheet in two and send it as two or even three contributions - just think you can get more points too!!!!  But that is not the main aim of the site.  Indeed once you have accumulated a few dozen points, why do you need any more?

So please feel free to share, and we look forward to viewing your masterpieces real soon.

16 Oct 2008     

viggia (F)
Italy

What about splitting it in more than one sheet?

I did it and put in each page the number.
For instance, if you end out with  4 pages you do 1/4 for the first 2/4 for the second and so on....
Hoping this might help.

Ciao
Viggia

16 Oct 2008