Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Great Site x Essay Writing - Samples    

Great Site x Essay Writing - Samples

paula2
Argentina

Great Site x Essay Writing - Samples

http://www.123helpme.com/
I have found this great Web Site to help students with essay writing. There are free essays (most of them need teachers � revision, though) in which students can find useful vocabulary/phrases for them to use in their compositions.
Try it and give me your opinions, please.
Paula.- 

15 May 2009      

i_love_english
France

Hello!
Well, the site certainly is useful but from an ethical point of view, I would feel it �s a bit dangerous for a teacher to recommend a website on which students can BUY a ready-made essay...
I find it most difficult to develop my students � writing skills as they already tend to see the Web as an endless, open source of material from which they can copy and paste or because they just write an essay in French and then use an on-line translator... You can guess the outcome...

I �d be interested to know how other teachers encourage writing!
Stephanie

15 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

I �m sorry, but my school does not allow this site to be used in any English class. There are plenty of example essays that are annotated. For me, the best way to help them is to model the work and actually write two or three paragraphs together. Of course, we do this after we complete either a graphic organizer or an outline.

Carla Smile

15 May 2009     

paula2
Argentina

Well...
Everybody has his/her own opinions.
My idea to use the site is just the part which includes �Free Essays � and just to have them as models. It is not a site to give students freedom to buy or copy them, just for them to have models/sample essays.
Above all, it is important for teachers to be open minded and these kinds of sites are just to have more vocabulary, idioms, new phrases and examples. Of course you are free to use them.

Nice weekend,

Paula.-

15 May 2009