Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A "speaking cards" Worksheet Removed    

A "speaking cards" Worksheet Removed

sruggy
Morocco

A "speaking cards" Worksheet Removed

We usually hear about stars in sports, cinema and showbiz. For me, it is high time societies honour STAR teachers. Three days ago, I uploaded a "speaking cards" worksheet. The speaking cards were about creative members of our community. Most of the members who downloaded the worksheet thought that it was an original idea. And yet some of the members, like Frenchfrog, blamed me for not asking her for permission to use her photo (Privacy Matters) while other members were pleased and promised to send me their fact files.

I not only feel puzzled but also disappointed now as my worksheet was removed. So please Victor don�t remove my speaking cards worksheets if I upload them again. I promise that they will be only about members who have already sent me their fact files.

16 Oct 2008      

gunner10
United Kingdom

ooops i�ve  missed it, i should see the ws and then i would be able to give my opinion, if you can pls send
it to me to [email protected].  

are they based on real information?

thanks !

16 Oct 2008     

frenchfrog
France

If some members do not know what this is all about, see this post: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=764

Funny how some illustrious members (Miriam, Donapeter...) have changed their pictures since... I don�t know if they were also scared to see their pictures being used ... They are the only ones who can tell us if there is a link...

I am a little surprised, Hicham, that it never crossed your mind to ask if you could use our pictures!!!
By the way, thanks for showing the printable again...

Frenchfrog

16 Oct 2008     

frenchfrog
France

No, Gunner10! The cards were not based on real information at all!!!

Thanks for your support, Sylvie!

16 Oct 2008     

viggia (F)
Italy

To Frenchfrog.

All my understanding and support too. I think that privacy DOES matter!

Shruggy, what did you expect?!

16 Oct 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Sruggy,

I think your intent was wonderful, but you don�t seem to understand the issue.  Why would you paste a picture of the photos into the message above - when it is this publishing of peoples photos that is the issue to start with??? 

It is very confusing to me! 

I thought that our dear frenchfrog (and others) made it very clear they didn�t want you to use there photo for any purpose - so can you explain why you are now posting a picture of the photos that you used???? 

Why not just respect there desire to remain as private people?  It would be the decent thing to do.

I must have been raised in a completely alternative universe or something - people really do amaze me at their lack of for-thought!!!

16 Oct 2008     

Marshmallow (F)
France

Hi,
To Sruggy:
Although I can understand you wanted to pay tribute to the "stars" of this site, I don�t understand how you cannot see their point. If they don�t want their photo published (especially Frenchfrog who didn�t leave her photo for long at all), why would you show them again on this forum??? I saw the messages about it yesterday and didn�t say anything because I hadn�t seen your worksheet; what disturbs me is that today instead of an apology to those you hadn�t asked permission, you show the worksheet again!! I mean, what is the interest for our students of that particular worksheet?? I really admire the people�s mentionned on your work, but what about my students?? What do they care about those persons they�ve never heard of? I must say I wouldn�t like to have my photo used in a class. Just respect those who feel uncomfortable with that too!! The least you could do now is edit your message on the forum and remove that picture of the worksheet!

To Frenchfrog,

I�m totally with you and I  really understand how you feel about it. I agree with Viggia, privacy matters, and it does especially in my classes. Hope this will find a "happy ending"!

Caroline

16 Oct 2008     

spring
Turkey

I can see the things clearly now..
Hicham I thought you used the pictures that are still available in the site.
Cos when these things were happening I was at school.I didn�t see your ws anyway I became disturbed learning that you used my picture.Now I see that you used my old photo..I changed it long time ago.So you saved it to your computer,didn�t you????? This is so irritating!!!!!!!!
You didn�t have my permission and still not...
(I don�t know if you used mine again..)

16 Oct 2008     

spring
Turkey

Thanks Sylvie..YOu are so nice... I missed you,glad you are back...
By the way did you notice my new avatar????Big smile
Lots of love to you...

16 Oct 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

I promised myself I wouldn�t start or take part in any controversial topic in the forum but after seeing the worksheet I took a couple of days to think about all the controversy around this matter. As Frenchfrog said I changed my picture and yes, there is a link. I�m not a star, not a famous person. I uploaded my pic because I thought and I still think it�s nice to see your friends� faces and let them see yours (though you must know I�m very shy and never use my image, not even with my messenger account) How naive! I thought and still think that we are a big family but I could have never imagined that our faces would appear with private and false information in a worksheet. I was lucky: my face was not there and maybe it would never appear in the �hall of star teachers� worksheet but I won�t take the risk.  I understand Frenchfrog. I know there are people who don�t mind it but others do and that�s why we should ask for permission. I know that when you publish your pic you cannot complain but it�s a matter of respect and manners. Frenchfrog said a lot of times that she doesn�t want to upload her pic, whatever resons she has. It�s her decision and we must repect it.  Another point I don�t undertand: do you collect pictures? This is really freaky...
Hope you enjoy my �pa amb tomaquet�, a typical Catalan dish: bread, tomato and ham
A big hug and my respect and admiration to Frenchfrog and those great members who make this site a wonderful world  Hug

16 Oct 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Miriam, your former picture was probably saved as well...
Frenchfrog

16 Oct 2008     

1    2    Next >