Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Happy Teacher´s Day    

Happy Teacher´s Day

pepapelaez
Chile

Happy Teacher´s Day

Dear colleagues from all over the World and beyond

I�m from Chile too

As Vicky said in our country teachers are celebrated as we should

Students even from hogh school prepare a show, give speeches, prepare parties with cake and delicious things

The youngest write cards, bring flowers and gifts of course

Even parents greet the teachers

Sometimes teachers get together to have dinner or dance at a restaurant

Tpday is teacher�s day and we celebrate it!

Sadly I read some comments that teachers from other countries are not respected as we should

But we are the ones who must promote change and revolution among those young minds

So cheer up and don�t let yourself down

Maybe our salaries are low but our own pride should always be high

And that depends on US.

As I said before � we deserve it!!

A great hug for you all!

16 Oct 2008      

cgato
Portugal

A great hug to you too and to all your colleagues!!
I read your comment and I just couldn�t believe it! Here in Portugal all those things you talk about are unthinkable as we are not respected at all by a great number of parents and students!
A BIG AND HAPPY TEACHER�S DAY TO ALLHug

16 Oct 2008     

gabriela ingles
Portugal

Dear colleague from Chile!

I can�t tell you how I envy you. In Portugal we are living an absolutely crazy situation.Our government is taking such awful and miserable measures that school is really a mess. But fortunately, we still have good and kind students who give us the strenght to carry on ( I work in a small town school and students are really great).
We have to continue on struggling day by day for respect and dignity,in the name of a better school.

May be someday we will have a teacher�s day here, in Portugal.

Gabriela

16 Oct 2008     

S�lvia73
Portugal

Just to say thank you to pepapelaez and "I know how you feel" to cgato! Although I feel respected by my students, that�s the only time I feel a teacher: inside the classroom. Outside it, while doing the enormous amount of burocratic work that is imposed to us in our schools, I feel like giving up the thing I love doing the most and which I�ve always dreamed of doing: teaching. Unfortunately, our government is forcing us to devote most of our time to paperwork instead of devoting it to our classes. If I feel I�m not respected by someone is by the Portuguese government, by people who haven�t got  a clue about what�s going on inside a school or a classroom. Sorry for the opening of the heart... HAPPY TEACHER�S DAY TO ALL OF YOU.Hug

16 Oct 2008     

cgato
Portugal

I just wanted to tell S�lvia that what she says is exactly how I feel: a teacher, but when inside the rooom with my students. Then  I know I can make a difference!Smile
Again, a big hug!

16 Oct 2008     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Sorry, this became a kind of "Portuguese Post, so many are the problems Portuguese teachers have got in recent times
so,JUST TO SAY A BIG """""" HHHEEELLLOOOO " """""""  TO MY PORTUGUESE FELLOWS, KEEP COOL,
To the others members,SORRY TO WRITE IN PORTUGUESE, , BUT THAT�S THE WAY WE FEEEEEEEL "
This is a post that only Portuguese teachers can understand,, it has to be written our way, you know, wash our laundry. Sorry and hugs, for those who can�t understand, just our business.
 A D. LURDINHAS TEM PRAZO DE VALIDADE, ALI�S, COMO QUAQUER ARTIGO QUE � COLOCADO NO MERCADO.
SE ALGU�M TIVER MENOS PRAZO DE VALIDADE, PLEASE, STEAP AHEAD.
Eu estava a pensar em reforma daqui a 2 anos anos, 36 anos de servi�o,  e tal e coisa,.... j� dei muito para este pedit�rio, agora ........ sopas.
Vou trabalhar mais 11 anos , � mesmo, 11, ouviram bem 11, leram bem, 11 anos
e agora.............
Vamos todos dar uma GRANDE GARGALHADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Quando eu me reformar a/o nossa/o ministra/o da educa��o vai ser quem ?????????????
Algu�m adivinha??? Pois  n�o ningu�m, MAAAAASSSSS, eu tenho o meu futuro marcado, EU serei EU , mesmo quando a Lurdinhas j� n�o fizer parte dos telejornais e das noticias di�rias.
Ah, pois �, ri-te, ri-te

O nosso prazo de validade � muito maior do que o da D.  Lurdes

Ri-te, ri-te
e a senhora que v� pensando em arranjar outra panela

Hugs, Hugs, bjinhos, abra�os,
por favor, n�o quebrem, mantenham-se firmes nos VALORES

e pensem nas " CRIATURINHAS MEDONHINHAS QUE N�S TEMOS........ AFINAL � POR CAUSA DELAS QUE N�S APAGAMOS O ESTAFERMO DO DESPERTADOR, DE MADRUGADA

ADORO ESTE SITE, POR FAVOR, MANTENHAM-SE, SOMEWHERE AROUND

BJ
OLINDALIMA

17 Oct 2008