Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Creating own Syllabus    

Creating own Syllabus

maker1
Turkey

Creating own Syllabus

Has anybody ever thought of creating own syllabus/curriculum.
I seem to be using more and more of own or shared worksheets.
I am working on Cambridge ESOL exams for YLE, Ket and PETand I have made out a list of vocabulary topics to teach with the help of Cambridge �s booklets but I am having trouble in deciding which grammatical points would be more suitable with those topics so if anybody has similar ideas and would like to share them I �d be more than pleased to hear about them and may be work in cooperation to come up with more comprehensive and useful syllabus of our own.

19 May 2009      

verybouncyperson
Spain

I would suggest looking at a book of the same level and teach the same grammar as they do.  I did this with my First Certificate class as we weren �t working with a coursebook.
T :)

20 May 2009     

ShirleyJ
United Kingdom

I �ve thought of doing it many times, but it �s a bit of a daunting project... I don �t use coursebooks either very much  - but at the moment I follow the general topics that the kids are doing in their regular school and create my own worksheets and lesson plans. Its quite labour intensive though.  What age kids do you teach? Mine are 5 to 14 depending on the day...

20 May 2009     

maker1
Turkey

I teach adults as well as children varying from 9 to 16 year olds. I have made out my own vocabulary list which was easy since I have the YLE, KET and PEt handbooks. What I have difficulty with is how to disperse some of these topics to the grammatical areas. Teaching simple present tense does not pose much problem but when it comes to other tenses, I put myself into alot of stress. I have used various coursebooks as verybouncyperson suggested but I thought some members might have or could suggest some ideas to ease my problems. For example apart from changing daily routines to past events for teaching past simple tense what else can be done in orde to cover more vocabulary topics that our students are supposed to learn and strenghten?

20 May 2009     

kariale
Argentina

I work with Fun for Movers (YLE). I love the extension activities in the teacher�s book. Children enjoy doing them. As from those activities I get ideas on how to work with the grammar.

20 May 2009     

maker1
Turkey

Hmm. That could be quiet helpful. Can I have the publisher �s name please?

20 May 2009