Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Spring ´s wedding!!!    

Spring ´s wedding!!!

Damielle
Argentina

Spring ´s wedding!!!

Finally, I �m ready for the wedding. Aren �t you???

Don �t forget that we are all invited, so we are going to celebrate. Some people are ready...

Moved by emila �s comment about the henna night ...

I �ve search the web to find out about turkish customs and i came across this page. Read about their interesting customs.

Can Turkish people tell me if this article is right??

What about talking about  different wedding customs in the world?

22 May 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

LOLHi Dami and everyone here,

I �m sooooooooooooo happy and overwhelmed today.
Todayyyyyyyyyyyyy our dearest and wonderful friend Pinar is going to enter the Golden Cage. Yuppppppppieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She will get married!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Well Dami, I �m finally ready to attend the ceremony.

What do you think??? Do I look nice???

Dami, I checked the link about Turkish Customs. There �s something interesting about us, the bride �s friends. It says that

The bride is hidden by her friends and the groom �s relatives are expected to find her. The girl �s friends are given a small cash gift in return for information about the bride �s whereabouts.

Hey Dami, we should have hidden her. We are also  her friends. That �s not fair!!!CryWink

There �s another tradition that Pinar told me about. Quoted by Pinar, "

The bride writes the name of her girl friends under her shoe.When the ceremony finishes,she looks back and the belief is that if there is no name there anymore,it is that girl �s turn to marry:)))"

What do u think Dami????

Anyways, Congratulationsssssssssssss Pinar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We love u over here and wish u all the best!congratulation.gif congratulation image by christinemargarethaluimenta

22 May 2009     

naryana
Saudi Arabia

congratulation ..best of luck .....

22 May 2009     

source
Turkey

hi my friends , hi damielle, ooo the link you have given wrote many thinks in exaggerated forms or the truths that cant be generalized .. As the article says , that is applied in some rural areas ....(3 days and night ) But our wedding cerenomies are charming from the start to begining... :)

22 May 2009