Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > confusion, confusion    

confusion, confusion

manonski (f)
Canada

confusion, confusion

Seems the subject of flashcards is questionning members and moderators.
We need to clarify this. I know Victor replied to Ladybird earlier this week but a reply in the forum disappears eventually. There is a saying in French that says that memory has a tendency to forget.
Why can �t we have a section available to everyone with clear rules and examples? On the reported page we do have some guidelines but I think they should be made available to everyone.
Also: What is a set of flaschcards? How many per page allowed? In a set and is there a possibility of individual uploaded pages?
Are bilingual sheets allowed?
Are essays allowed?
To scan or not to scan? Or partially scan?

Anyone care to add?

From the time being, I will refrain from voting on flashcards.

And have a super duper weekend!

23 May 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Hi Manonski
I agree. First - you can always try and find an old topic from the messageboard below under this board. Either under Hot topics or recent topics.

I totally agree about the rules. They are spread out at this site. Some are under "What �s this?" (above) There are others on the "send your printables" page and the rest are at the top of the messageboard. It would be nice if they were all under one heading called "Rules and guides" and also on the appropriate pages where they are at the moment.

L

23 May 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Those "new" rules have appeared, because the number of new contributors is rising and some new contributors are trying to cheat and get their 30 points for nothing or no work of their own...
All the rules can be said in one sentence:
"Share ORIGINAL valuable worksheets and share as much as you can IN ONE FILE."

I think it is crystal clear...

do not copy-paste somebody else �s work
state sources of text / scan... and INCLUDE WORK OF YOUR OWN
try to squeeze as much as you can in ONE file (key included)...
no keys in a second file
try to be helpful, include the instructions in the file - recommendation, game rules...
no single pictures unless the size of the file is 290 kB
do not cheat...
do not divide your file unless it is necessary, delete all unnecessary illustrations if the size of 290 kb is exceeded

23 May 2009     

nanalanghi
Brazil

I couldn �t agree more with the rules.

It �s nice to have them explained when uploading the worksheet.
Great idea!

Ps: I �m sort of new here. What (and who) are moderators? What do they do?
Sorry about this "stupid" question

23 May 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I agree with all of you and specially with manonski (f) and moravc. I have already noticed that what manonski stated has been a controversial issue recently.

Dear manonski, I have also already refrained from voting when the rule is not clear.

23 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi dear manonski! I agree 100% with you. We must find some time to clarify the rules and opening a "Rules and guide" section like suggested by Libertybelle would be great. As I �ve told you before, I also don �t feel comfortable anymore with this issue and lately  I �ve refrained, just like many of you,  from voting on flashcards, because I need to know exactly what and how we are supposed "to moderate".

Wish you all a nice day,
mena

23 May 2009