Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > If the idea is taken from a book, shouldn´t we mention the source?    

If the idea is taken from a book, shouldn´t we mention the source?

micah
Japan

If the idea is taken from a book, shouldn´t we mention the source?

I didn�t want to report this way but I came across a worksheet that had so much downloads and nobody seems to know that the original idea came from a book called "New Generation Student book 1" page38 "A day in the life of Robinson Crusoe." I know this person took a lot of time making it so I wouldn�t call it stolen, but shouldn�t he/ she mention at least the source? I love this text book since it has so many original excercises. Love all your works. And sorry for the fuss.

17 Oct 2008      

Kita19
Portugal

Hi micah!

I agree with you, I think when our work is based on some other person�s idea, we should mention the source. It�s a nicer way to make things...

:)

Hugs from Portugal.

17 Oct 2008     

puspita
Indonesia

Yes, I also think the same way.  It�s the least we can do to show our respect.  Though I wouldn�t say the same thing if the work is actually a copy (word by word -- the only difference is the decoration: font, etc). That�s cheating.

18 Oct 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

identity sheet by Facoom

Last Sunday, I downloaded a worksheet called "identity sheet" uploaded by Facoom:

Today, from a coleague at school, I got a worksheet from the book "Timesaver Cross-curricular English Activities" edited by Mary Glasgow Magazines, page 55. It�s suprisingly similar.

It�s a pity that Facoom hasn�t included the source in his/her ws if the idea was taken from there. I so, I think that she/He can still do it.

I completely agree Mikah, Kita y Puspita: You have to quote the source. It�s a moral as well as legal issue.

4 Nov 2008     

faccom
France

Hello to everyone and especially those who pointed my "Identity sheet"as being a copy of a worksheet found
somewhere in a book.

I must tell you that I did not cheat on anyone and that I did it on my own with my tiny brain and fingers.

Moreover I find it funny as I have been trying for 2 days to find copyright free pictures to illustrate a worksheet  I intended to upload to you but whose photos are not guaranteed free of use - a worksheet I  did by myself (yes, she did!!!!) like the other ones and that I have been using for years in my own classes.

Take care and good hunting. Wink

5 Nov 2008