Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ESL in regular schools    

ESL in regular schools

camilastohrer
Brazil

ESL in regular schools

Hi guys!
I�m a teacher at a regular school and have had some trouble trying to bring more challenging material for students.
I see the Spanish teacher bringing all sorts of texts about Spanish Literature, and as my major is Law, I haven�t had the chance to study English Literature and have no idea what to bring them.
Do you think there�s any material that could bring them culture and vocab, and at the same time not be so hard to understand? You see, very few students actually speak English.

Really hope you can help me out!

Thanks a bunch!

17 Oct 2008      

Silvinohig
Brazil

Hi, Camila!
I suggest one of my printables: Scotland Culture. Its an unscramble exercise about the kilt. It�s a different thing you can take to your stds. It�s nice to take a map to classroom and show them where Scotland is.
Hope you like the idea!
Silvino

18 Oct 2008     

nikita2008
Argentina

Hi Camila!!Embarrassed
I uploaded some ws about the film Romeo and Juliet, and I also have some about Hamlet (Mel Gibson), I�ll upload them as soon as possible. I prepared the material to work in state schools in Argentina, where the situation is exactly the same, so I know how you feel.

I hope I can help you!!!
Thumbs Up

18 Oct 2008     

miss_marina...
Chile

Hello there!!

I think nikita�s idea is really suitable for your students. Romeo and Juliet is the classic love story of all times.  But if you want to use literature for your lessons, you can use a lot bunch of authors.  My favourite ones are Agatha Christie ( mystery novels for intermediate students)  and George Orwell (satires for advanced students) because you can use extra materials such as movies, plays, etc.

If you are looking for reading material, here are some useful links:

http://eslbears.homestead.com/Blank.html

Intermediate level:

I hope you can find something interesting!
Hug

18 Oct 2008     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi Camila, There are lots of cultural readings about Great Britain and USA on this site. I think these readings could interest your students. The worksheets are not so difficult.

18 Oct 2008     

camilastohrer
Brazil

Guys!
Just wanted to thank you all for your help!!!
The sites you�ve recommended are REALLY GOOD!!!

Thank you very very much!

20 Oct 2008