Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > wss    

wss

eng789
Israel

wss

PLEASE DO YOUR WSS IN ENGLISH ONLY  - you can add your L1 to your own copy.

eng789

26 May 2009      

roneydirt
United States

So much for examples, basic learning techniques and Cognitive Development.  

26 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

I expect my kids to be active learners,  they are capable of writing the translations after I teach them - I don �t have to write the translations on the page. 

26 May 2009     

roneydirt
United States

I hope all our students are active learners other wise why show up to work.  Putting it in red is a form of yelling and belittle anyone that disagrees with you.  It is taught in basic psychology.  It is one thing to state your opinion and another putting in a way that seems argumentative that is why I posted in both post sections you have.

I also think if the original writer used L1 language they should at least show examples of it, like if you had a word list with matching and used L1 language they can put it on the first, middle and last word as example and state it in the comment section.  Just putting it in the comment section kind of leaves out the designers way of setting up the ws for those reading it, just like missing answer sheets.  It lets the reader understand better where the writer is coming from.  Others are afraid to stand for what the believe but I am not one that fears that and know I am not the only one that believes this since I have received emails for others agreeing, wish they didn �t fear and state their opinion on this since it seems to keep coming up every other week.

26 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

L1 can always be added after the ws is uploadesd . 

It is only common courtesy  to not upload a wss in  L1 since we all have different L1s.      

26 May 2009