Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > American English    

American English

[email protected]
United States

American English

I am willing to help anyone with American English printables.  If you have any questions regarding American English idioms, grammar, or words, let me know, I am willing to help!

26 May 2009      

moniq2
Mexico

thank you very much for the offer.
Moniq2

26 May 2009     

eliana
Portugal

THANKS A LOT...BY THE WAY ...WHAT DO YOU CALL TO THAT OBJECT BURGLARS USUALLY USED TO OPEN DOORS? SOMETHING LIKE THIS:http://www.dutramaquinas.com.br/upload/produtos/670-50_destaque.jpg
THANKS IN ADVANCE.....

26 May 2009     

campestre
Brazil

Thank your your kindness! Could u add me on MSN: [email protected] :)

26 May 2009     

MrMo
Germany

Eliana, the object you refer to is called a CROWBAR.

All the best,

26 May 2009     

feyzauygur
Turkey

thanks alot for your kindness
here is my e-mail

26 May 2009     

[email protected]
United States

It could be a crowbar or a jimmy.  I can not see the picture, it is blocked,  but the curved bar is called a crowbar and a jimmy is a piece of wire or a long flat piece of metal with a hook or a hole.  Jimmies are more for cars though, but I have seen them used to break into houses too!

26 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

I guess I should say that too. lol  I can also do British English since I lived in England for 6 years.  Ivona can attest to my skills. :)

26 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

but I have seen them used to break into houses too!
Is this firsthand? lol  Why didn �t you report them to the police?:)

26 May 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

thank you very much for the offer.

26 May 2009     

douglas
United States

aka: slim jim

A slim jim (more technically known as a lockout tool) is a thin strip of metal (usually spring steel) roughly 60cm long and about 2-4 cm wide originally marketed under that name by HPC Inc., a manufacturer and supplier of specialty locksmithing tools. Slim Jims are used to unlock automobile doors without use of a key or lock pick

The link

26 May 2009     

1    2    Next >