Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > A suggestion    

A suggestion

missola
Palestine

A suggestion

Hi everybody!
I hope you are all in great health and mood too Smile

I just wanted to ask Victor if is it possible to include in the download button the names of people who downloaded a worksheet or a powerpoint. I mean is it possible to make the download button add the user �s name who clicked the download button so that later we can see those who downloaded our work even those who didn �t leave a comment.

I was just wondering because this would be very helpful. First, it will satisfy our curiosity (joking but there is nothing wrong if we know) LOL and second and more important it will let us know inform the downloaders of any updates, changes or mistakes we do to our work. This is actually could be very helpful because I know sometimes we are very busy to leave a comment or look at the message board to see if there is anyone who is correcting mistakes done in his/her work.

This was only a suggestion and I would like to know what do you think about it.

thanx and have a nice day

30 May 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree with you and I still want the option of leaving a comment.

30 May 2009     

marta_marta
Poland

A very good idea!

30 May 2009     

missola
Palestine

manonski (f)
I didn �t say that the comment button be removed because it is very essential to leave thanx comments. sometimes we need to be corrected by others or given useful suggestions. My suggestion is to add this feature to the download button if it is possible.

Thanx for sharing your opinion

30 May 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

What a wonderful idea! By the way,I �m a fan of your wss;but sorry if sometimes I don �t leave comments
Great wss+readiness to help+great suggestions = missola
THANKS A LOT missola

30 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Missola
I never thought that �s what you meant.
Thank you for your suggestion.

31 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Hi missola

I think that your suggestion is great. We even discussed this about 4 days ago on the forum. However, I don �t think it �s the right time to put it into effect. Not because it is useless for the time being, but simply because there are more important things that should be done first. Consider the following priorities:

1- Setting up a specific section for the website �s rules so that everybody can have access to the old/new rules in order to avoid any breach of rules or disagreement.

2- Providing the website in general and the forum in specific with a clock so that everybody here can be aware of the exact time a post/comment was written + the midnight Sp. Time when the free download finishes. (The clock could be set to Spanish time)

3- Providing every member with a personal account of his/her posts/comments. They should be stored and classified on one side of the user�s webpage. This would save us a lot of time that we usually spend in looking for the comments that we wrote previously to see if there are any new replies or comments written later.

Don�t you think that the above suggestions are more important at present?

Hope all the suggestions are taken into consideration

Abdelhadi

31 May 2009     

missola
Palestine

Abdelhadi
I think that there will always be new suggestions and everyone will think that they are important. Yes your suggestions are really important especially the one related to the rules and the clock is essential, as I think, but knowing who downloaded our work is also important especially when you know that other members are putting your own work in their blogs without asking for your permission.

Thanx again sharing your opinion

have a nice time
Ola

31 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

All the suggestions are important... Missola �s suggestions is great!!

31 May 2009