Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ESLPRINTABLES COPYRIGHT    

ESLPRINTABLES COPYRIGHT

Sulany
Brazil

ESLPRINTABLES COPYRIGHT

Is it possible to copyright the material posted in eslprintables website?

As far as I know, it is very difficult to avoid copy even of material with copyright. But if eslprintables had copyright or at least some rules for using the downloaded material... it could help... I don �t know...

The most annoying thing is that so-called "educators" dare to do what they did with our colleague �s material. I am very sorry for that, girls. 

2 Jun 2009      

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Unfortunately COPYRIGHT DOESN �T MEAN SAFETY...

2 Jun 2009     

Sulany
Brazil

Yes, you �re right, but if the material is under copyright, you can bring to court people who use it without permission. 

2 Jun 2009     

libertybelle
United States

To copyright something you need to have made it completely and not borrowed from other sites without permission. It is also usually professionally made for publication or release for ex. books or CDs or film.
It is a long process and entails legal council and a publisher.
I have contracts through music companies for all my lyrics and they earn royalties off all my stuff. That �s all I know about it.
L

2 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

Do you know what it costs and how hard it is to enforce such an issue as well as the legal costs associated with finding the owner of the site and determining the use of such work??? It is astronomical to say the least... AND each work on this board would have to undergo a copyright review to make sure it is original material and not stuff that has been taken or used from somewhere else!!

2 Jun 2009     

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Approve Dear Friends:

Maybe someone can teach all of us how to write down our names on the worksheets we make so that they become more difficult to plagiarize. (at least to non advanced PC users).   Though I know this doesn �t mean the definite solution... I think it can prove to be helpful since it will give extra work to all those dishonest users.

And to all of you who are using material in such an inappropriate way I tell you� wouldn�t it be nicer to tell your students that you are part of a global community of hardworking teachers who share all their works. That the worksheet they are using today was made by someone across the world? That your work the one you made with all your dedication and tender for your students is being used right now in faraway lands?

I personally feel proud of being part of this site, I am glad whenever I use other teacher�s material and It gives me great joy whenever I know someone is using mine� It�s just amazing that my worksheets might be used in china, brazil or anywhere else�

Please feel the �    

www.hotglitters.net             
                                                            www.hotglitters.net

2 Jun 2009     

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

ESLprintables

Pride!!!

2 Jun 2009     

hazi
Russian Federation

Hello everybody

I think Miss Aleli is right. And a similar idea �s just occured to me: what if every WS uploaded to ESLprintables AUTOMATICALLY got words written somewhere across the page saying something like "Made by (Name), a member of ESLprintables.com"? I mean, not only the name of the creator but also the logo of the site. In this case it would be more difficult for other people to claim the WS as their own work. I know, there is software like Photoshop and others, and the logo can be removed from the page... But this would take some efforts as not everybody �s good at computers that much.  At least we �d certainly reduce the number of cheaters this way...

What do you think?

2 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I suggest that everyone talking here reads the following website (courtesy of roneydirt):

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

I believe many people here don�t actually understand what copyright is, how & when it applies.

If you search through some of the lengthy (but unfortunately not well named or �key worded�) discussions you will find some very helpful & enlightening info about what & how copyright applies. If I could actually find the discussion thread that roneydirt posted the website link in originally I would also add that discussion link for you too. Some of it was a very good discussion!

Maybe even read this discussion to get the ball rolling...

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=8890

Then after you�ve found out what copyright is, how it works & realise the copyright protection on ALL the printables it applies to is not actually Victor�s but the originator�s... then make suggestions that are actually, possibly, remotely going to be able to be pursued rather than being �pie in the sky�...

2 Jun 2009     

Sulany
Brazil

Well, Alien Boy,

When I suggested the copyright alternative, I was just trying to find a solution for what happened with our colleagues. I am sorry if my suggestion was so �pie in the sky �.
Anyway, if copyright is not possible, writing the name of the creator as well as the eslprintables logo seems to be a good alternative.

Best wishes
S.

3 Jun 2009