Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > My turn has come...    

My turn has come...

VeraM
Portugal

My turn has come...

Some people claimed that the certificate I uploaded yesterday was stolen from http://www.freeprintablecertificates.net/. I �m here just to say that it is not true. I made it myself. And I actually find a bit ridiculous the comment that follows, and I quote "It is very useful but the site could have just been suggested as bookmark." I did bookmark this site (http://eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=9230) a few days ago when I was looking for ideas to build my own certificate... And I think it �s a pity that people don �t verify that before accusing someone of stealing. This is becoming more and more like a witch hunt and if one liar accuses someone, then several people follow their footsteps without any proof of what they �re saying. I too am a moderator and I dare you to show me the direct link to the "original" which I "stole". Otherwise, it would be nice to hear an apology from all the accusers, although some of them didn �t sign their names...

Please check this:
http://www.eslprintables.com/moderatorscomments.asp?id=245586&tipo=printables

From a very disappointed VeraM

11 Jun 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hi Vera! I �m sorry I don �t remember your certificate so I cannot be sure if I voted or not. However, if i did, I �m very sorry if I was unfair. You are right, sometimes I see the above comments and if people say they have checked, I don �t. If this was the case please accept my apologies.

Have a nice day,
mena

11 Jun 2009     

susiebelle
United States

I will tell you I am also very, very disappointed about dear Vera �s work being taken off the site.  The contribution called "My English Portfolio"was deleted as not being esl, not being useful for teaching.  More than 100 people downloaded that portfolio cover.  What is the reason that Victor put the section CLASSROOM FORMS on this website??????? 

Then... her contribution of the CERTIFICATE was deleted because some said that it was stolen from the site:http://www.freeprintablecertificates.net/.  I went to this site and went through every page-EVERY PAGE, and this certificate was not from this site.  Vera �s certificate was 100 percent editable and 100 percent original.

I think it is amazing that one person can point an ignorant finger at someone and falsely accuse them of plagiarism and others will blindly follow them without doing any checking on their own. 

Vera also has her own website that I just now discovered when I was checking on this matter. She has a lot of other original work there and it is lovely.  We are really, really lucky to have someone as talented as she is to contribute here.  

I hope something is done about this totally unfair thing that has happened to her.  Her stuff should be reinstated immediately and ALL of her points returned to her.

11 Jun 2009     

susiebelle
United States

I would also like to add  that the reason you don �t see a comment from me on the certificate comments was because I was on that certificate printables site going through ALL of their files looking for Vera �s certificate, which of course, was not there.  By the time I came back to this site to put my comment about her certificate not  being copied from that site  on the moderators section, her certificate had already been removed and I received this message that wouldn�t let me post the comment

Confirm report

Do you confirm that this contribution should be removed?

error �80020009 �

/confirmabuse.asp, line 209

I truly regret that I didn �t check the reported contributions sooner.

11 Jun 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Vera, I must apologise for having voted for the removal of your certificate.  I always try to be very conscientious in my decisions, checking each reported printable to make sure if it was indeed a copy.  I always sign my name as a guarantee that the decision was not harshly made.  I voted for your certificate�s removal not because it was a copy - which was not- but, since there are so many similar diplomas in that and other websites, I thought that there was no need to have certificates in this site as well. According to Victor, "sometimes we need to vote using our common sense and personal opinion."  I don�t know if there are rules about uploading certificates but I realise now that voting for the removal of your work was my mistake and I respectfully ask you to forgive me.

Anna

11 Jun 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Are certificates and covers allowed? I want to know because I have created many portfolios adapted to different levels and I was thinking of uploading them. I have not uploaded them before because I think that covers are not real ESL resources because they don�t teach anything, and neither do certificates (that�s only my personal opinion), but it would be great to know if they are to upload the ones I have created.

11 Jun 2009