Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > MAGIC 8 BALL, more TOYS at CLASS ???    

MAGIC 8 BALL, more TOYS at CLASS ???

moravc
Czech Republic

MAGIC 8 BALL, more TOYS at CLASS ???

Does anybody know any TOY which can be used in ESL class? Any more ideas?
I use cheap jigsaw puzzles and I write present and past irregular verbs AT THE BACK. Kids must put the right verbs together and the verbs follow ABC -- eg: buy-bought - bring - brought - catch - caught - do - did - fight - fought...
When the puzzle is completed, we put puzzle between 2 sheets of paper and turn it "face up". We can see if all the verbs are correct, as the photo is OK...
DO  YOU USE ANY CHEAP "TOYS" AT SCHOOL? WHICH? WHAT FOR?

---

I have to state that the idea of my Magic 8 Ball comes from Frenchfrog.
Thank you Frenchfrog. I had read her topics here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=8827
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=9274

She suggests to buy the plastic Magic 8 Ball.
For those who cannot get the plastic one, you can play the Magic 8 Ball online, I have sent some links or you can make your own - paper one... The links for online Magic 8 Ball are in the last message of the first link...

Sorry Cry for not mentioning Frenchfrog before. She always has so good ideas!

We played with Magic8Ball today and we laughed for ages.
Question: Does Tom often bite his nails? Answer: Better not tell you now.
Q: Did Ema cheat yesterday? A: It is certain!
Q: Can I kiss my teacher? A: Go for it!

I strongly suggest to practise ALL TENSES, not future tenses ONLY.

FRENCHFROG, YOU ARE THE BEST! THANKS FOR THE IDEA!!!
Sorry for not mentioning the source...

11 Jun 2009      

QueenJade
Netherlands

Moravc..... Thank you sooo much for this fabulous game!! I downloaded it yesterday! I was actually really happy when I saw it because I remembered that, when this was mentioned in the post about the Magic 8 ball, I thought: ´what a pitty I don �t have one! (After I understood that it was a ball, not a hand made object).
It �s fantastic that you made this into a printable. I �m so looking forward to use with my students!
Hugs! Have a super day!
Jade

11 Jun 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I use a regular ball to practice words and sentences. When catching the ball students have to say in English... For the right answer they may make 1 step forward.
Another things are rubber toys to practice animals and their description, children may bring photos, and you may use puppets (hand ones) for various purposes.

I got this private message. Interesting... Any more ideas about TOYS?

11 Jun 2009