Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Reporting    

Reporting

ichacantero
Honduras

Reporting

Hi everyone Smile
Wow... this is a difficult topic... I don �t know where to start. I �ll try:

I haven �t been so active lately because of personal reasons, but today, my good friend Cynthia advised me about some reported worksheets of mine and the I started to see the rest of the reported worksheets. I was disappointed! I �m sorry for being so direct and honest, but I was. I felt a bit like there is some abuse of authority... I say we really analyze if something should be reported or not. For instance, this worksheet was reported by someone who wants it removed because "it doesn´t seem original" Wow!! Are we those kind of people?? Accusing without really knowing... I don �t think so. And I �m happy to say that many other members stood up for our colleague, mr.dgdln, and he should be thanked and congratulated for a very nice worksheet.... And unless there �s evidence of his worksheets not being original, well his worksheets should stay and be downloaded.

I think that if you are a moderator here, pls take the job very seriously. If it �s not possible, in the future Victor will have to filter even that, creating more work for him, and leaving us without that very usefull tool (use it wisely).

Icha

11 Jun 2009      

mr.dgdln
Turkey

this kind of support and friendship makes me keep my membership on this site. there are so many honest people like you as well as disrespectful people like who reports my worksheets frequently.
Dear colleague,
I owe you thanks due to your kindness and support.

11 Jun 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

I totally agree with you, reporting shouldn �t be anonymous. The other thing is that once it �s been reported and it has been voted to stay, it shouldn �t be able to be reported again... Because if not, the same worksheet could end up being reported again and again and again...

Don �t worry about my worksheets, they are the backsides of the cards. I don �t mind if they �re taken down, it �s just a shame if they are, since I know that some members like them and they are part of a set ;) But thanks for your concern.

11 Jun 2009     

victor
Spain

Icha,
I can tell you that the person who reported that worksheet was not a moderator.
All the moderators voted that it should not be removed.

11 Jun 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

Thanks for responding Victor Wink I �m relieved!!

11 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Dear Icha,
ESLPrintables wouldn �t be the same without you!!!
We all appreciate your work as well as your caring attitude!
Please, dont � feel sad about this...
All my best,
Cyn

12 Jun 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

You are too kind Hug It wouldn �t be the same without you either!!

12 Jun 2009     

Portugal

Thank you all for introducing me to mr.dgdln �s works.
I do enjoy meeting such creative young teachers, I really do!
LOLBig smileClap

12 Jun 2009