Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > MESSAGE FOR ZAILDA . ABOUT A WORKSHEET OF MINE SHE ASKED TO BE REMOVED    

MESSAGE FOR ZAILDA . ABOUT A WORKSHEET OF MINE SHE ASKED TO BE REMOVED

jessicae
Spain

MESSAGE FOR ZAILDA . ABOUT A WORKSHEET OF MINE SHE ASKED TO BE REMOVED

I worksheet of mine has just been removed, due to the fact that there was a vocabulary list on terms related to medicine and diseases in English and Spanish.

I just wanted to say, that,  apart from this list, there were a number of exercises ONLY IN ENGLISH , of course, and maybe, if you had taken a look at the whole worksheet you could have realized that the worksheet ws useful for anyone.
Word documents can be downloaded and modified according to one�s needs, so if one does not want to give an English- Spanish list to their students, you can just erase the Spanish words and keep the English word list for students to use and study.
I usually do not complain when one of my worksheets has been removed, but this time I think this was unfair.
Actually, I have another similar worksheet related to education, and I am really afraid that you will vote for this one to be removed,too,  just because there are Spanish words included in the worksheet.
I kindly ask you to reconsider your decision, since I think that this time you were wrong. Thank you very much.

12 Jun 2009      

fatmango
France

I had the same problem and totally agree with you

12 Jun 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Or you could upload ESL (E as English...) resources and say you can send an English and Spanish version for those who are interested! Wink

I don �t speak Spanish.
I don �t speak Portuguese.
I don �t speak Italian.
I don �t speak Arabic.
I don �t speak Chinese.
I don �t speak Japanese.
I don �t speak Russian.

My German has become extremely rusty...

12 Jun 2009     

jessicae
Spain

You are right, but as I have just said, if one does not want the Spanish list , he/she can just delete the Spanish words, and in the case a Spanish teacher is interested in the exercise, he/she has already the work done.
I perfectly know what you mean, Frenchfrog, and from now on I will include just English words in my worksheets so that this won�t happen to me again, but what I�m saying is that this was not a fair reason to delete my worksheet, since it included not only the word list but also a series of English exercises. The problem , I guess, is that these exercises do not appear on the 1st page preview, and , of course, if you only take the time to check the first page you might think that everything in the worksheet in in Spanish, when it is not.

12 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

When you upload a document, you have a list of things to respect. One of them is that the printable must be in English.
I agree with Frenchfrog �s suggestion and I �d say that I agree with the decision to report your printable for the reason you give in your post.

12 Jun 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I am afraid many of us don �t have the time to check all the pages... We all wish we could!

Reupload your worksheet! Wink

12 Jun 2009     

jessicae
Spain

But my points have already been removed!! They were not many points, but they were mine :-)
And, sorry about that, but if you take your time to decide whether a worksheet should be removed or not ( and when I say "you" , I mean moderators in general ;-) ) I think that you should also take the time to check the WHOLE WORKSHEET before removing it. Don�t you agree with that? ;-)

12 Jun 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I am an English and Spanish teacher and your worksheet would be very useful for me and the case was not about whether the ws was useful or not. I understand that it could easily changed and turned into an English ws, but people are here to download ready-to-use wss and don �t want to waste their time changing half of it before using.

I do agree with you that your ws was helpful to many teachers but the rules are clear: the material uploaded here must be in English, so I �m afraid I wasn �t wrong or unfair voting to delete your ws, I would vote the same for everyone else �s ws, because I don �t make rules, I only follow them and as a moderator I vote to delete any ws if it doesn �t fit the site rules.

In the future, try to upload only English material, read carefully the rules before uploading and if you do that, I �m sure I �ll never have to vote one of your wss again.

Have a nice Thursday.

Zailda Coirano

12 Jun 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Most moderators are careful when they decide to remove a worksheet. It is not an easy thing to do! It is not a pleasant thing to do either.

The fact that there was some Spanish right on the first page was enough for a member to report the worksheet (because it did not completely follow the rules of the site).

Don �t get discouraged! Reupload! You may have more points than the first time! Wink

12 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

FYI, I do check all the pages when I vote and I also check the links given to really make sure a worksheet has been taken from another member when that is the situation.
I do take my job as a moderator seriously and once again, I agree with the reporting because those are the rules and they are the same for anyone who uploads a worksheet with multiple languages.
I suggest you upload again without the Spanish words. I �m sure people will be more than happy to download your printable.

12 Jun 2009     

zailda
Brazil

when you upload a ws the last rule you read is:

Your contributions must be in English Language.

Until this rule be modified by Victor, adding that you can upload ws with other languages  (and many of them have been reported and deleted this week) I will vote to remove them.

Have a great Thursday.

Zailda Coirano

12 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >