Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Summer holidays.    

Summer holidays.

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi!

In Portugal classes end their lessons on 17th June. From that date on to the 31st July we have different things to do like examinations, oral examinations and paper work. Our holidays are only in August. Sometimes in July we can get 2 or 3 days, but that �s it.
On 1st September we start with more examinations and paper work and classes usually begin around 15th September.

Best wishes
Manuela

14 Jun 2009     

idamjate
Morocco

For us in Morooco, it depends on the area. sometimes it takes from the end of the may to the 21st of september. People tend to speak about teaching as a restful job.LOL

14 Jun 2009     

marileia
Greece

Well, I guess in Greece we are lucky in terms of holidays! Teachers who work in private language schools - like I do- stop working in the end of May and start on 1st October (more or less)! Of course we do not get paid all these months that we do not work, so that �s the bad thing about having such a loooong vacation!

Oh, and we also do not work 2 weeks at Christmas, and 2 weeks at Easter! It depends on the employer if we get paid or not. Mine doesn �t pay teachers for these 4 weeks in total, :o((�

14 Jun 2009     

giovannademartin
Brazil

Here in Brazil we have one or two weeks in July and the whole January...

14 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

My salary is divided into 12 months so I get paid even when I don �t work. So this summer, I �ll keep getting paid every two weeks.
I can have this because I have have job security which I �m really grateful for.

Good luck Animagus

14 Jun 2009     

maker1
Turkey

So far Turkey is the only country which seems to have the longest summer holiday. It began on the 12th of June and will last until the first or second week of September.

14 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

And Portugal the shortest!!! A month only! Cry

14 Jun 2009     

flo84
France

As for me, although I �m French like stexstme, I will be on holiday on July 11th and go back to school on the first or the second of September. I have the feeling that holidays are shorter and shorter every year,  school starting earlier or finishing later Cry

But it �s really good to hear that other teachers have more or as many holidays as we have (except Portugal) because in France we often hear that teachers � holidays last too long.

14 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2