Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > from heart to heart    

from heart to heart

Aimee/S.
Israel

Thank you so much for all the compliments, dear friends! I can �t believe you remember my necklaces, Jade! I �m so impressed!
The meetings were at the school. There is a beautiful garden over there. So I thought it would be a nice idea to sit there and not indoors. The English room is behind us, actually.
I �m so happy you liked my post! Have a great week!
Heart Aimee

14 Jun 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Dear Aimee.
Wonderful idea !!! Wonderful picture!! Wonderful YOU.
So nice to see you:-)

In my school we have a similar program in the 7th grade, in which every 10 students have a teacher they can turn to, in addition to the homeroom teacher.
It is working really well.

Orit

14 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hiya, i �m just back from the country where me and hubby helped my in-laws to dig in the corn field. Yes, i did some agriculture work and i loved it. Now, back to business.
The idea that linlin described is not only fantastic but also necessary. The ss often perceive of us to be �teachers � and we of them to be �students � while in fact we are both �people � with more or less the same traits, and we should be aware of that.
We have nothing like that in my school (probably because i work in a village and most of the stuff is already from the village, as well as the students, and they all know each other oh so well), but during the 2-3-days � school trips we get very close to the students and have a really good time. Especially at night time when we, the teachers, want to sleep, and they, the students, want to party, so they torture for hours and hours ... till the early morning hours. LOL
It would be great to hear more stories like this one!

14 Jun 2009     

mrmatura
Poland

THE IDEA IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! THE PHOTO IS SOOOOO NICE!!!!! I HAVE TO SUGGEST SOMETHING LIKE THAT AT MY SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Dear Linlin, that �s a wonderful projectClapBig smile! Yes, as Ivona said, we are all people.

(we travel with our students on summer/spring/winter holidays and spend the whole day with them, take care of them, work with them, etc. we share the room - we have our little rooms inside the kids � rooms, so they see us in pyjamas, without make up, with morning hair and stuff... some would say it undermines our authority and their respect for us - no, just the opposite, it creates a whole new situation with even more MUTUAL respect and no problems with authority...)

14 Jun 2009     

Mariethe House
France

some time ago we approached the problem with the topic of violence and I think what we are doing in our school is very similar in that it takes into account the importance of the individual..... This is what I wrote at the time and i can say kids ask for more:!! They are so much in demand of  personal attention... Aren �t we all? this forum among other things prove it!!

what do I do in my school? Because there are drop outs too! I have  suggested we have some sort of tutorial system to indivvidualize the system, to make those kids feeling left out  have the feeling that they are important, let them talk about their frustrationetc..;
Concretly speaking, I , with 2 other teachers, we spend aquarter of an hour every week , to talk individually and listen to each kid. Each teacher sees 4 kids a week in the free time, so that means 12 kids being taken into acoont and it helps them simmer down and consider their future in a positive way, rather than destructive!
I am sure YOU all have suggestions . Let �s share!
Good night and have a nice start tomorrow!

Mariethe

14 Jun 2009     

sylboy
Germany

Dearest Aimee,

I missed the point with your necklace been spoken about above here.

But the picture is very beautiful, and you are in it Wink.

However, I love the idea you had at your school. Maybe, we can do something like this at our school, too even though the conditions here are a little different.

I wish you success with everything you do.

Hugs for you.

Love... Mathias
xoxoxo

15 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2