Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Countries and nationalities     

Countries and nationalities

natucita
Argentina

Countries and nationalities

Hello teachers from all over the world,

I have to prepare a lesson plan related to countries and nationalities, i �m trying to be original so i thought it would be a good idea to include an activity to work with the countries that joined in the last FIFA World Cup, maybe you �ve already worked with this and you can help me to think an original activity that can engaged my SS. Thank you very much

15 Jun 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

Here are some links but I �m not sure how useful they are.

15 Jun 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

An activity I did was to stick up the countries around the room - but only the basic outline, not showing what other countries surround it.  First students had to identify the countries.  Next I stuck up pictures of famous people (one for each country) and students had to pair up the celeb and their country.  Finally they had to do some written work.
This is Raul.  He lives in Spain.  He �s Spanish.

Maybe you could adapt this idea and use famous footballers from each country?

16 Jun 2009