Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > A Story to Remember !    

A Story to Remember !

Nebal
Lebanon

A Story to Remember !

Good afternoon dear teachers,

I �ve chosen a story to remember, a story to teach in your classrooms.
It �s such a good introduction to Friendship topics. It could also be a Friendship test.

My students loved it . Some were with what happened , while others were against. Some even changed the ending of the story. You can ask them to find out the moral also.
It tests how great a friend you are, and whether you found real friendship or not.They say it takes a minute to find a special person,an hour to appreciate them,a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.

Check it out and give me your opinions.

Hope it �s uselful!!
Nebal

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert .
During some point of the Journey they had an Argument, and one friend Slapped the other one on the face.
The one who got slapped was hurt , but without saying anything,wrote in the sand:

TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SLAPPED ME ON THE FACE.

They kept on walking until they found an oasis,where they decided to take a bath.
The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him.
After he recovered from the near drowning,he wrote on a stone:

TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SAVED MY LIFE.

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I hurt you,
you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?"

The other friend replied "When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away.
But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE !!!

18 Jun 2009      

miyoko71
Morocco

Dear Nebal,

Thank you for this moral story.
I would agree with the second part of the friend �s answer,as we should acknowledge a good deed, but as for the first part,well I �m not sure that it �s easy to forgive or forget something that touches our feelings.After all we are human beings, and if someone whom we love best  deceives us it will be engraved inside us no matter how hard we try to find excuses for him or her.
well, this is my point of view, and it �s open to discussion.

miyoko71

18 Jun 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

Dear miyoto,

I understand what you mean. I am loyal to friendship and expect the same from my friends. Anyway, all of us are imperfect human beings who make mistakes, sometimes very silly ones and, sometimes, second opportunities are worthwhile.

When the feeling is true, everything is overcome easily.

Only strong trees survive storms...

18 Jun 2009     

isabelle99
Monaco

This story brings fresh air on this forum. Thanks a lot Tongue

18 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I �ve always liked this story very much dear nebal. It is wonderful! Our lives would certainly be easier if we followed that piece of advice.

Hugs,  Hug
mena

18 Jun 2009     

Jorgelinaac
Argentina

Beautiful :)

18 Jun 2009