Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A question about reported contributions    

A question about reported contributions

libertybelle
United States

A question about reported contributions

I don �t understand why the names of comment writers are visible but not the original moderator who reported the worksheet.
That just doesn �t make sense.
It would be nice to be able to write to the original moderator, if they reported a worksheet that shouldn �t have been reported in the first place.
It would also prevent people from  reporting wss because they just didn �t like that person. I seems some people here feel mobbed.

Libertybelle

18 Jun 2009      

QueenJade
Netherlands

I asked myself the same question. Maybe this is because anyone can report ... just because.

I didn �t used to check the reported contributions but I did yesterday and on Tuesday and I saw some reported wss which had 0 downloads... (on Tuesday) and then I saw these wss yesterday in "todays new contrubutions"... So they were reported even before appearing in the free section of the day! Not that I �m really concerned with it... but seeing that so many people complain about this issue.. I wondered how is it that these wss can be reported even before being published in the free section.

18 Jun 2009     

maria martins
Portugal

How do we know that our work was reported? Do they send us a mail or is there a place to report it?

18 Jun 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

"I don �t understand why the names of comment writers are visible but not the original moderator who reported the worksheet"

Moderators are not the only persons who can report a worsheet, ANY member can...

18 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi! I agree with you libertybelle. I would also like that the name of the person who reports would appear; however, I �m sure if victor did not choose that option it is because people have the right not to want to be invaded with rude private messages. I know I have and that is very upsetting though that has never prevented me from writing my name.

Qieenjade, anyone can see the next day contributions if they click on "Search":

Search contributions by date

Day:
Month: Year:          

Hugs,
mena

18 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree too Liberty, I �m pretty sure we �d avoid useless reporting if the name appeared.

18 Jun 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi!

Sometimes I go through the contributions that will appear the next day and I find some stolen worksheets among them, so I report them. I never felt that I should write my name on the comments, I just feel that I am doing the right thing and I have my conscience clean. When I report stolen contributions (usually from websites) I always identify the source.
What I think is that we must be polite with the comments we make, and that �s it. I have been watching the changes in this website and so far I feel they are right, but adding new useless sections or buttons to the website will make the website difficult to understand by newcomers.
Let �s keep it simple.

Greetings from sunny Portugal

18 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

I agree with you Liberty, the names appearing of the person who reported the worksheet would cut down on "revenge" reporting or reporting just for the "fun" of it.. 

18 Jun 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I agree with you Liberty.   It may prevent unjust reporting.  I think a person may think twice before unjustly reporting a worksheet if their name appeared.

18 Jun 2009