Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Anger issues and arguments seem to have continued and grow…    

Anger issues and arguments seem to have continued and grow…

Caroline565
Australia

Ha ha jocruz.. Brilliant...holding my sides here!LOL

19 Jun 2009     

mjotab
Spain

jocruz, that was great! The power of intelligence mixed with something I don ´t know how to say in English. "mala leche", please Spanish-English speakers, how can "mala leche" be translated?

19 Jun 2009     

roneydirt
United States

mjotab "mala leche"depends on it ´s use and country, but basically one of these: bad intentions or pissed off.  I would go with bad intentions.  That if my spanish is still semi-correct, been forgetting some since moving to Korea.

jocruz that is several good ones and miss those quick side jabs used back then.  Do occasionally from time to time see one of them pop up in modern day speeches and qoutes.

19 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

"El tiene mala leche" means that you shouldn ´t toy with him because he has a bad temper and usually will get you back for whatever you have done.

It really doesn ´t translate all that well though, there isn ´t one word or even two words that could be used to describe it in English.

19 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

@ jocruz and others (from my quotations notebook)
I LOVE this one.
"A sharp tongue is the only edged tool that grows keener with constant use." Tongue
(from "Rip Van Winkle" by W. Irving)

19 Jun 2009     

QueenJade
Netherlands

I would say "Mala Leche" in Spanish is "bad luck"

19 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

No, "mala leche" does not mean "bad luck" - at least not here in Spain.

"Mala leche" is an adjective that describes someone who is a grumpy person and will sometimes do things to get you back if you have bothered them.

Example:

My neighbour has "mala leche"... he cut all my flowers after I told him his dog barked too much...

What out! She has "mala leche". Do not get on her bad side or she will make your life hell.

Those are examples of how "mala leche" is used... I guess the closest thing is "spiteful"...

19 Jun 2009     

mjotab
Spain

Yes, it is difficult to find a word, isn ´t it?. It is sometimes "bad temper" mixed with "spiteful" but you can have "mala leche"  in an intelligent way, like the ones in the quotes, I think. They can be "mean" but they are funny at the same time.

19 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2