Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TEACHING IS A GOOD PROFESSION TO BE IN    

TEACHING IS A GOOD PROFESSION TO BE IN

Naranjas
Russian Federation

Only my own humble opinion:

For:
- you have many professions in one, you study everything and include issues from  geography,ecology, maths etc. in your everyday work; you cut and paste, draw, sing, dance and stage plays with your pupils - every day brings something new!
- you get your adrenaline boost every day working with children;
- to my mind children are the best judges of whatyou do and who you are so if you listen to them carefully you have lots of chances to improve yourself and keep developing;
- lots of holidays through the year and grand summer ones!
- opportunities to go to some concerts and exhibitions with students during the working dayWink
- you study the language and open new things in it every day!
- you can look at the world from different angles(sometimes fully unexpected) thanks to your students;
- you can help the young ones or just bring some joy in their studies;
- the salary is not that bad, especially if you have some private lessons along with school, at least for a woman(though not everywhere...)

Against:
- you never feel you �ve done the job perfectly - there are always doubts left;
- there is no end to preparation, assesing works and lesson improvement - you can work all night long and still not have perfect result;
- sometimes we feel helpless because of administration, parents, curriculum, student �s lack of motivation...
- the salary is not that good;
- the school stuff is usually far from ideal and in my country usually not very pleasant  to deal with(jealousy, gossip etc);
- as Mariamit said the teacher consumes himself and rather quickly...

20 Jun 2009     

Zarade
United States

All I got to say is: �TWO MORE DAYS AND SCHOOL �S OUT! �Yeeeppeeee!
Clap

20 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2